HELP!!! What to do with the eggs???

Mary5510

New to the forums here. I need help with my female Veiled Chameleon. She laid about 30 eggs. I dont plan on trying to hatch them. What do i need to do with them. Ive been trying to find answers and cant really get a straight one. :confused: Should I take them out or leave them in there a while? If someone could give me some imput or lead me in the right direction it would really help. Thanks!!!

Well, you can throw them away if you like. If they are fertile, maybe you can ship them to someone who would like to hatch them instead. You might even be able to find someone local who would take them. If they are fertile, and you decide to throw them away, pop them first though.

Was she bred with a male or is this an infertile clutch?

This is an infertile clutch. I just need to know if I should go ahead and take out the eggs or leave them in for a few days. The eggs are just in the bottom of her cage. We were not aware she was carrying eggs as she was given to us about two and a half weeks ago. TIA

you can throw them away whenever, unless the mother is still trying to protect them, then you can wait a bit.

you can just toss the eggs if you don't want them, especially if infertile.

but do you mean she just dropped the eggs on the bare floor / ontop of the floor, rather than digging into the sand/soil and burying them? dropping eggs without burying them is not a good sign. if she just dropped some, there may be more and you need to immediately get her a proper laying bin and you might consider a vet visit for xrays to find out if there are more. because if she didn't drop all of them and retains more too long, she could die

Back
Top Bottom