Help! What is this white spota on him? Burn?

NateD13

Ok so I just went to check on him had he is still up top. And I noticed his skin what turning white and has a crack? Idk if he is shedding or it is a burn?
20190115_121435.jpg

I also agree he looks a bit dehydrated as well, bordering on under fed. What do you feed him and how often/much?
So I just got him lastnight. And I was wrong in my info thing. He is 4mos old. He ate 4 crickets lastnight and 3 so far today. There are 3 more in there. And he just finally went down I to the leaves. I'll see if he drinks. Of he doesnt how do I get him to.

To get him to drink be very consistent with misting and make sure there is plenty of water on the leaves. I would say to try the shower method but he is probably very stressed with the new environment so that wouldn’t help much.

So I just got him lastnight. And I was wrong in my info thing. He is 4mos old. He ate 4 crickets lastnight and 3 so far today. There are 3 more in there. And he just finally went down I to the leaves. I'll see if he drinks. Of he doesnt how do I get him to.
Take a look at this care sheet. https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/ He should have 10-12 small crickets a day fed in the mornings so he can digest them during the day under his heat. You might want to add a little dripper to ensure he has consistent water to drink from.

Feed more feeders during the first half of the day. Never feed in the evening since they need time to bask after eating to help digestion. Regular misting throughout the day will help hydrate the chameleon. Misting sessions should be 2-5 minutes to give the chameleon time to drink and clean its eyes. Add live plants to the enclosure to retain water droplets longer and help maintain humidity.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/
Read through these articles. Lots of useful info for you to use

Ok nice to know about the no evening feeding. And I misled in my info. He does get 8-12. This is only the first full day of having him. Misting asa far as that goes i ensure he has a constant supply of water droplets on leaves . I have 2 live plants in his cage. Large rubber plant and a pothos.

Ok nice to know about the no evening feeding. And I misled in my info. He does get 8-12. This is only the first full day of having him. Misting asa far as that goes i ensure he has a constant supply of water droplets on leaves . I have 2 live plants in his cage. Large rubber plant and a pothos.
You can’t keep his cage wet 24/7, that’s a recipe for a URI. His cage must be allowed to completely dry out between mistings. May want to look into a Dripper or MistKing.

Also idknif it matters but he is in a cage and I'm assuming it dries out way faster than glass would. So misting more often then?

Back
Top Bottom