HELP!! week old baby veileds wont eat!!

hi! i just had my first success with breeding chameleons! the veileds started to hatch last week 28th of july. until now, they have not eaten anything yet. i put them in a plastic container (from the middle up are cut and hot glued with screen for ventilation.) with twigs and plastic plants. i mist them 3x a day and made sure there was 12hours of light and 12hours of darkness. i feed pinheads since there are no breeders of fruit flies in our country. i can find flightless fruitflies. any idea what i could be missing here? the light i use is a regular fluorescent light. if i put lights on top of their setup im afraid it'll be too hot for them.

Well you need to be using a slightly used UVB bulb for the babies too.

if they aren't warm enough, they may not eat.

I kept my baby temps around 80 for the first month.

It could be they are eating, you just aren't seeing them eat.

Well you need to be using a slightly used UVB bulb for the babies too.

if they aren't warm enough, they may not eat.

I kept my baby temps around 80 for the first month.

It could be they are eating, you just aren't seeing them eat.

ive been counting the pinheads ive been putting inside the cage. sometimes one will be missing so i doubt they ate it. ill use uvb bulbs tomorrow. ive seen droppings on the plastic leaves and they are just all white. no black droppings. how long should they start eating? thanks!

any other thoughts? i already installed uvb 5.0 on top of their holding bins. ive change their setup into a bigger bin with plastic plants and twigs. should i leave the pinheads if they ignore it?

Back
Top Bottom