Help Vieled chameleon not eating

If you have any pics on your phone of him at that point I would really love to see them. Like I said at his age roughly 9 months old he is showing quite a bit of bulk in his casque. We see this in two different situations. 1. They are just too fat or 2. They had a prior thermal burn to the casque and it is actually puss not fat. I do not see any of the normal signs of a thermal burn though.

It is also common for them to reduce eating on their own as they start maturing. You have to take him off the carnivore care though to let him want to eat. It could take another week or two. But as long as your feeding the carnivore care he has no need to eat. And if it is a stressful thing for him to go through then he may be backing off because of that.
This is from august 5

Attachments

• 51D829C3-AEB1-48A3-B260-9BD3F754ABE0.jpeg
    51D829C3-AEB1-48A3-B260-9BD3F754ABE0.jpeg
    662.7 KB · Views: 68
  • AC967E4B-8147-4171-B6B6-F299CB5B296D.jpeg
    AC967E4B-8147-4171-B6B6-F299CB5B296D.jpeg
    619.2 KB · Views: 74
  • A9B6DE44-C5DA-4DEE-A0F0-E63E9371BCEF.jpeg
    A9B6DE44-C5DA-4DEE-A0F0-E63E9371BCEF.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 8D4458BE-1814-4033-877E-2DF2DA48A9B8.jpeg
    8D4458BE-1814-4033-877E-2DF2DA48A9B8.jpeg
    794.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 398BFD71-5A0D-4F41-80DD-5CCE9A2CC829.jpeg
    398BFD71-5A0D-4F41-80DD-5CCE9A2CC829.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 64
This is from august 5
It is interesting the way he is holding his weight. I really would not expect that with a growing veiled and with the amounts you were feeding. But no signs of thermal burn there either so still would be fat storage.

Focus on your husbandry. Do not stress him not eating right now. I am hoping the correct UVB lighting will stimulate his appetite. Offer a few feeders each day.

It is interesting the way he is holding his weight. I really would not expect that with a growing veiled and with the amounts you were feeding. But no signs of thermal burn there either so still would be fat storage.

Focus on your husbandry. Do not stress him not eating right now. I am hoping the correct UVB lighting will stimulate his appetite. Offer a few feeders each day.
Thank you very much for taking the time out of your week to help me out all of you I greatly appreciate it , so right now I switched my mister to 2 minutes every 6 hours , about I switch it to every 12 hours ? And also with the humidifier you want me to let the humidifier vent into the room not the cage ? And deff don’t run it during the day just at night ?

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your week to help me out all of you I greatly appreciate it , so right now I switched my mister to 2 minutes every 6 hours , about I switch it to every 12 hours ? And also with the humidifier you want me to let the humidifier vent into the room not the cage ? And deff don’t run it during the day just at night ?
So you can run the humidifier into the cage but only at night when temps are below 67. You could do every 6 hours for the misting since you can not set the exact time or length. I think that would be fine.

So you can run the humidifier into the cage but only at night when temps are below 67. You could do every 6 hours for the misting since you can not set the exact time or length. I think that would be fine.
I actually have smart plugs that I can use with my mister that I can actually set the time for it to come on and off , max run time is 2 minutes for the mist setting

5A0D1C9D-DD92-4079-A232-4556D0288C04.jpeg
7741A7AD-A079-473F-9FA0-FA3045F3192E.jpeg
ECE133B2-9074-4AF3-86C2-CE03EEB90F33.jpeg

Hey guys so my boy is doing a lot better with his linear UVB and all the corrections you guys advise me to make he is eating normally and I witnessed him drinking all the time but just today I noticed this on him just want to be clear that this is probably a burn? And if so is there anything I should do to it or is there anything I need to correct ? As you can see in the picture if you put light up to it it will literally shine right through to the other side

While it does look like the light is shining thru it, I think that’s just a trick of the light reflecting. I have no idea what that is. It does look a bit like a blister, scar tissue or like something just plopped there and dried. Is it hard or squishy? Have you tried to clean it? You could very gently try with a moistened q tip (if he lets you).

27B2EDAF-8E8F-4B74-A896-96E1E8362D63.jpeg
It was completly clear , as you can see in the pic it does look like a burn on the top and he does have a arraign up branch that goes directly up to his basking bulb and he does sit pretty close to the top

You'll want to be sure it doesn't get infected now that it's popped. Burn cream like flamazine would likely be a good option.
To test the basking light, place your hand back side up against the screen at the closest spot inside the cage that the chameleon can get to the light. If you want to move your hand th n it could burn him again.

You need to get him to a reptile vet. This can happen when they do get a burn. It blisters and they can end up with an infection below the scales. Causing part of the casque to actually come off. I would recheck your temps too. Keep in mind this portion of the casque sits much higher then the rest of his body.

My male vieled Chamelon is about 6 months old and for about the past month she has not tried to eat anything at all I have been syringe feeding him water and flickers repti boost for Insectivors , recently I switched him from a small 24 x 24 enclosure to a 48 inch tall by 24 inch wide by 24 inch wide cage , not sure if that has anything to do with it I haven’t really let him go a long period of time without eating because I don’t want him to die I know it’s normal for them to go a couple weeks without eating but he hasn’t even tried to eat at all here are some pics
I know sometimes when I feed my Cham the same thing for a long period sheS gets bored of it. They like a wide verity in their diet. Have you tried different feeders to help catch his eye?

Back
Top Bottom