Help Vieled chameleon not eating

My male vieled Chamelon is about 6 months old and for about the past month she has not tried to eat anything at all I have been syringe feeding him water and flickers repti boost for Insectivors , recently I switched him from a small 24 x 24 enclosure to a 48 inch tall by 24 inch wide by 24 inch wide cage , not sure if that has anything to do with it I haven’t really let him go a long period of time without eating because I don’t want him to die I know it’s normal for them to go a couple weeks without eating but he hasn’t even tried to eat at all here are some pics

Attachments

• BBB5BC8A-167A-4E62-AA8A-0443E2652E21.jpeg
    BBB5BC8A-167A-4E62-AA8A-0443E2652E21.jpeg
    234.7 KB · Views: 98
  • A777154F-B8C9-4865-84FD-2B415E2FBB5A.jpeg
    A777154F-B8C9-4865-84FD-2B415E2FBB5A.jpeg
    193.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 5BDC256B-F252-473D-9F2A-C8947D84EC55.jpeg
    5BDC256B-F252-473D-9F2A-C8947D84EC55.jpeg
    236.5 KB · Views: 107
  • D844112A-7A20-42C6-B012-2E10F02D415D.jpeg
    D844112A-7A20-42C6-B012-2E10F02D415D.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 112
  • B7CB3660-ADCF-473C-A335-D430139A35E0.jpeg
    B7CB3660-ADCF-473C-A335-D430139A35E0.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 8FDD5DAD-60C5-47C0-A7D2-B248D439BCEC.jpeg
    8FDD5DAD-60C5-47C0-A7D2-B248D439BCEC.jpeg
    233.1 KB · Views: 111
My male vieled Chamelon is about 6 months old and for about the past month she has not tried to eat anything at all I have been syringe feeding him water and flickers repti boost for Insectivors , recently I switched him from a small 24 x 24 enclosure to a 48 inch tall by 24 inch wide by 24 inch wide cage , not sure if that has anything to do with it I haven’t really let him go a long period of time without eating because I don’t want him to die I know it’s normal for them to go a couple weeks without eating but he hasn’t even tried to eat at all here are some pics
He looks good. Could be stress from a new environment and with my veiled the older they get and with their metabolism slowing down it’s possible he has adapted to not eating frequently. I wouldn’t worry just try n do small hand feedings n see if he does well with that.

Welcome to the forums. A couple things I see is you do not have a linear uvb bulb and I'm not sure what they purple light is. Also, moss should be removed a replaced with live plants as it will cause impaction and death if eaten. How long have you had him? What bugs do you offer him? What are your supplements and supplement schedule?

He’s either had MDB in the past or currently has it or developing it. He’s got a bent casque, meaning he didn’t get right supplementation or lighting.

It’s not deadly to have a bent casque, two of mine have bent casque due to improper husbandry from before. MBD is deadly though, you should get a linear UVB, they provide more of an area for your Cham to bask in the beneficial UVB rays and with the right bulbs they provide proper UVB. A zoomed Reptisun T5 bulb is a good bulb to start with.

I also see the purple bulb, is that a night heat bulb? If so you should just completely get rid of it, they don’t need nighttime heat, they benefit from a nighttime temperatures drop.

Welcome to the forums. A couple things I see is you do not have a linear uvb bulb and I'm not sure what they purple light is. Also, moss should be removed a replaced with live plants as it will cause impaction and death if eaten. How long have you had him? What bugs do you offer him? What are your supplements and supplement schedule?
So the blue light is just a night light that I keep on during the day and night because of the air conditioner , I need it to maintain a good temp for him I do understand they need a temperature drop at night I have (2) 26 w , 100 uvb bulbs and I also have another heat lamp in there , obviously in the next month when we start turning the heat on i’m going to shut that second light off and in regards to the plants , the big tree in there is real , I have also 4 other live plants in there that are real Only thing that’s not real are the hanging vines and moss vines , I was feeding cricket super worms Dubia roaches , Calcium two or three times a week and also a a multivitamin once or twice a week

I also see the purple bulb, is that a night heat bulb? If so you should just completely get rid of it, they don’t need nighttime heat, they benefit from a nighttime temperatures drop.

I am aware of that and The only reason I have the nighttime Boban is because of the ofThe only reason I have that nighttime bulb on is because of the air conditioner

He’s either had MDB in the past or currently has it or developing it. He’s got a bent casque, meaning he didn’t get right supplementation or lighting.

It’s not deadly to have a bent casque, two of mine have bent casque due to improper husbandry from before. MBD is deadly though, you should get a linear UVB, they provide more of an area for your Cham to bask in the beneficial UVB rays and with the right bulbs they provide proper UVB. A zoomed Reptisun T5 bulb is a good bulb to
So when I’ve been during feeding him I always grab him by the casque , that dosent have anything to do with it ?

I am aware of that and The only reason I have the nighttime Boban is because of the ofThe only reason I have that nighttime bulb on is because of the air conditioner
How low do temps drop?

So when I’ve been during feeding him I always grab him by the casque , that dosent have anything to do with it ?
what do you mean by grabbing him by the casque? If you think grabbing him by the casque while feeding is causing the bending then you shouldn’t do it. I never grab my boys by their casque while feeding them. If you need I can post a video on how I syringe feed my chameleons.

You grabbing him by the casque shouldn’t be bending it, it’s most likely MBD.

So the blue light is just a night light that I keep on during the day and night because of the air conditioner , I need it to maintain a good temp for him I do understand they need a temperature drop at night I have (2) 26 w , 100 uvb bulbs and I also have another heat lamp in there , obviously in the next month when we start turning the heat on i’m going to shut that second light off and in regards to the plants , the big tree in there is real , I have also 4 other live plants in there that are real Only thing that’s not real are the hanging vines and moss vines , I was feeding cricket super worms Dubia roaches , Calcium two or three times a week and also a a multivitamin once or twice a week
You need a linear uvb, it's a long tube. I use a reptisun t5 5.0. If not he will develop metabolic bone disease, which is probably what's starting to happen now. You need to be giving him calcium without d3 every feeding except when using calcium with d3 twice a month and also a multivitamin twice a month. Alternate weeks with the d3 and multivitamin. This is very important. What are your temperatures?

Hey there! I'm dropping I'm some videos and links. Basically those coil UVB don't put out enough UVB to keep chameleons healthy. Not enough UVB means chams can't process food and vitamins correctly, they get calcium deficient, develop MBD, and then their bones start to break and bend into odd shapes (like casques in Vieled males get crooked).

https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-cage-set-up-replicating-the-sun/

You'll definitely want to correct the lighting by getting linear UVB and removing the blue light. I'm confused how that blue light on the top of the cage is related to AC, can you explain that more?

How low do temps drop?

what do you mean by grabbing him by the casque? If you think grabbing him by the casque while feeding is causing the bending then you shouldn’t do it. I never grab my boys by their casque while feeding them. If you need I can post a video on how I syringe feed my chameleons.

You grabbing him by the casque shouldn’t be bending it, it’s most likely MBD.
Like 60 F

Hey there! I'm dropping I'm some videos and links. Basically those coil UVB don't put out enough UVB to keep chameleons healthy. Not enough UVB means chams can't process food and vitamins correctly, they get calcium deficient, develop MBD, and then their bones start to break and bend into odd shapes (like casques in Vieled males get crooked).

https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-cage-set-up-replicating-the-sun/

You'll definitely want to correct the lighting by getting linear UVB and removing the blue light. I'm confused how that blue light on the top of the cage is related to AC, can you explain that more?

Air conditioning ? How are you confused I just didn’t want the temp to get too low in the cage at night , I do usndeestand about the temp drop and they need it but just thought it shouldn’t get below 65 . And it gets about 60 degrees sometime

You need a linear uvb, it's a long tube. I use a reptisun t5 5.0. If not he will develop metabolic bone disease, which is probably what's starting to happen now. You need to be giving him calcium without d3 every feeding except when using calcium with d3 twice a month and also a multivitamin twice a month. Alternate weeks with the d3 and multivitamin. This is very important. What are your temperatures?
My basking spot is like 83 degrees

Back
Top Bottom