HELP.....Velied Escaped

CalaMala

I need any suggestion or words of advise....Sayid escaped his outside enclosure sometime between sunrise and 10 am.
I have an army of family members here helping me look for him, the problem is I live of 27 acres of wooded property and I have no idea which direction to go or ho high to look.....
I am freaking out .... any help or ideas would be so appreciated!!!!

Spread out wide in a circle from where you last saw him.......look high and low. Be thorough, and you might not have to do it again. If you don't see him, then all move in again.........

actually..look at night scan low to high using a flash light..usually chams are brightly colored at night..wish you the best of luck!!

Is his enclosure still there? Check it every now and again to see if he's snuck back in. Leave lights on in there, he might find his own way back........

I do have his enclosure opened with the lights on in case he decides to wonder home :( i was thinking...he hates being misted, maybe I should lightly missed to surrounding brush and see if he tries to take off???? Does any one know about how high they would go??/

I am thinking he got to the first thing he could climb and took refuge, like I said I am 27 acres on WOODS:confused: But if they tend to only climb 6 feet I may be able to eliminate some areas, and if they like to be towards the end of branches to blend with the leaves........

And he does turn a BEAUTIFUL lime green at night so that is a good idea if I can't find him soon.....

I do have his enclosure opened with the lights on in case he decides to wonder home :( i was thinking...he hates being misted, maybe I should lightly missed to surrounding brush and see if he tries to take off???? Does any one know about how high they would go??/

I am thinking he got to the first thing he could climb and took refuge, like I said I am 27 acres on WOODS:confused: But if they tend to only climb 6 feet I may be able to eliminate some areas, and if they like to be towards the end of branches to blend with the leaves........

And he does turn a BEAUTIFUL lime green at night so that is a good idea if I can't find him soon.....
You have the information, you know him best, you have people to help you look - now it's about patience and perseverance.........also keen eyes help.....move slowly so as to be more thorough, and so you can listen for movement too......
Good luck with the needle in the haystack - I hope and expect he's not gone too far

Try and use a hose and see if you see him move.. anything is worth a shot at this point.. and dont look everywhere at once. focus on one spot, actually detail that spot, and then move on to the next. they hide in plain sight so tell your search and rescue team to do that. pick a branch look at it closely, then move to another branch..not the entire tree at once.

This is what I am up against and of course it is getting ready to thunder storm...

Attachments

• IMAG0395.jpg
    IMAG0395.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 217
  • IMAG0396.jpg
    IMAG0396.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 195
  • IMAG0397.jpg
    IMAG0397.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 206
I need any suggestion or words of advise....Sayid escaped his outside enclosure sometime between sunrise and 10 am.
I have an army of family members here helping me look for him, the problem is I live of 27 acres of wooded property and I have no idea which direction to go or ho high to look.....
I am freaking out .... any help or ideas would be so appreciated!!!!

Flashlight at night is your best bet (as others have said). 27acres?!?! Wow, talk about a large chameleon cage! He'll be very happy! :). I know, not helpful...
I once lost a Pardalis just before an unusually cold southern California winter with it hitting freezing a couple times. I was amazed to find him alive the next spring. Skinny as a stick, but healthy and he plumped up in no time. I never expected to find him and I assumed he would roam far, but he stuck around my yard. I guess what I am trying to say is to not give up. Even if you don't find him he may pop up where you least expect him!

Flashlight at night is your best bet (as others have said). 27acres?!?! Wow, talk about a large chameleon cage! He'll be very happy! :). I know, not helpful...
I once lost a Pardalis just before an unusually cold southern California winter with it hitting freezing a couple times. I was amazed to find him alive the next spring. Skinny as a stick, but healthy and he plumped up in no time. I never expected to find him and I assumed he would roam far, but he stuck around my yard. I guess what I am trying to say is to not give up. Even if you don't find him he may pop up where you least expect him!

i had a large male veiled be gone outside for a week before i spotted him crwaling towards me (he was about 4 years old at the time, so i assume he wanted food, and knew no matter what i was easy food..)i still think at night is the best bet..get a large flash light , a lawn chair, and a few beers..if you do scans in squares yo may just find the lil one..the curly tail and neon green gives them away!

good luck!

Thank you for the advise guys and the hopes of good luck!!
Nothing as of yet...getting ready to head out with the flashlight!! I will keep everyone posted if anything changes.
I'll tell you this really SUCKS :(

My male vieled loves sunning himself, and I understand that is pretty normal. Try looking in spots midday where he could be doing the same. Good luck!!!

I would concentrate on the trees/bushes closest to the cage. In most of these stories, they don't travel too far. I like the idea of using the hose to spray. Have others watching while you spray. It's impossible for you to watch everything, you need as many sets of eyes as you can get.

Back
Top Bottom