Help, strange spot

shmeenakoz

Ok so I was feeding my boys today and I noticed this on my baby (he is a year old in May). I wonder is it an infection from injury, or opportunistic fungus. :(
Has anyone seen this before? Id rather skip the $200 vet visit if it can be remedied with otc topical meds. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3048.jpg
    IMG_3048.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_3043.jpg
    IMG_3043.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 148
Ok so I was feeding my boys today and I noticed this on my baby (he is a year old in May). I wonder is it an infection from injury, or opportunistic fungus. :(
Has anyone seen this before? Id rather skip the $200 vet visit if it can be remedied with otc topical meds. Thanks!

Hard to say from the pics. Is it possibly something just resting on the surface of the skin? Is the area soft or hard? I think I'd try to gently rub it to remove it, apply some Polysporin (no pain reliever ingredient) to the area and watch it. If it recurs or gets larger despite the antibiotic, head for the vet.

thank you for the response!!! I took a swab to it today and it was hard with barely any "stuff" getting onto the swab. There was a slight (and I mean very slight) yellow that came off. I will try that and you better believe I'll be going straight to the vet if it changes in the slightest. Im going to make the appointment today just to make sure I can get in but he should go for his yearly anyway. Thanks again :)

Update

My little moto's strange spot turned out to be just an irritation. After keeping close attention I noticed it never became larger or cause for concern. He just shed and it looks like nothing was ever there! Yay!! He is happy as can be and eating like a pig :p

Back
Top Bottom