HELP something is wrong with chams eye

The vet said nothing about the lump between the eyes? I agree with @MissSkittles that could be a sinus issue involving an abscess. Not papiloma. Papiloma usually looks different that what he has there.

Can you take a picture straight on looking at his face from the front?

he had alot of shed skin covering the front of his face that might be why the vet didnt see it. Would the abscess need to be surgically removed?
The vet said nothing about the lump between the eyes? I agree with @MissSkittles that could be a sinus issue involving an abscess. Not papiloma. Papiloma usually looks different that what he has there.

Can you take a picture straight on looking at his face from the front?

he had alot of shed skin covering the front of his face that might be why the vet didnt see it. Would the abscess need to be surgically removed?
They typically will drain them and then put them on antibiotics. If he has an infection going on it could certainly explain the eye puffing while being sunk in and the face being more sunk in.

He is such a handsome fellow and his casque is so big! I personaly think that you have a molting issue. I think the eye injury was self inflicted by rubbing on a branch to remove shed. Same thing with the black scab on the leg. He may not be drinking enough water. I have had this issue now with two male veils. so instead of waiting for them to get too dehydrated, i have taught them to drink from a syringe. One hates it until he gets a taste of the water then he licks the drops off that i drip onto his mouth. Dont force the mouth open and squirt it in or you can drown them, just enough to let them know its water then they will lick it on their own or grab the syringe in their teeth for more. Syringe with no needle of course. Since i started this no more shed injuries or dehydration. I dont have this issue with my female. It must be a male thing!

Ok i will try this method so would i just hold the syring to his mouth? And how often?
He is such a handsome fellow and his casque is so big! I personaly think that you have a molting issue. I think the eye injury was self inflicted by rubbing on a branch to remove shed. Same thing with the black scab on the leg. He may not be drinking enough water. I have had this issue now with two male veils. so instead of waiting for them to get too dehydrated, i have taught them to drink from a syringe. One hates it until he gets a taste of the water then he licks the drops off that i drip onto his mouth. Dont force the mouth open and squirt it in or you can drown them, just enough to let them know its water then they will lick it on their own or grab the syringe in their teeth for more. Syringe with no needle of course. Since i started this no more shed injuries or dehydration. I dont have this issue with my female. It must be a male thing!

C2300195-A268-4EFC-9E55-2BD22FA6E4EB.jpeg

This is the best photo i could take he also has a small white abscess/bump on his lip

I am so glad you got that abcess taken care of. Your question about training them to drink from syringe (you can also use a cotton ball and just squeeze out dropplets of water onto the mouth.) Once he gets a taste and knows its water, he will let you know how much. i use it as a bonding time in the morning about every other day. I dont want mine to be totally dependent in me giving him water. So he likes it in the morning usually. But remember every cham is different. When mine doesnt want it, he wont open up for anything! I think its easiest lying down that way you can set him on your chest and keep him there with your left hand while u use your right hand to administaer. Mine usually stops licking after two to three syringe full. I make sure its quite with no distractions. I started this training at four months old. You just have to be patient. I do think this training has helped with the bond! Although sometimes i have more water on me then in him! best of luck to you both! Glad you r a member on the forum.

I am so glad you got that abcess taken care of. Your question about training them to drink from syringe (you can also use a cotton ball and just squeeze out dropplets of water onto the mouth.) Once he gets a taste and knows its water, he will let you know how much. i use it as a bonding time in the morning about every other day. I dont want mine to be totally dependent in me giving him water. So he likes it in the morning usually. But remember every cham is different. When mine doesnt want it, he wont open up for anything! I think its easiest lying down that way you can set him on your chest and keep him there with your left hand while u use your right hand to administaer. Mine usually stops licking after two to three syringe full. I make sure its quite with no distractions. I started this training at four months old. You just have to be patient. I do think this training has helped with the bond! Although sometimes i have more water on me then in him! best of luck to you both! Glad you r a member on the forum.
Thanks i will try this, but thankyou all for your help trying to get my cham to 100%

Update:
Overall my cham is looking better, his eyes look much healthier now. just a few concerns and questions though. his feces (brown part) looks more watery could this be because of the extra hydration im giving him? I think it could also be because of my misting as sometimes the bottom of the enclosure gets quite wet. Another concerning thing i have found is next to his stitch (one of the papilomas that was removed) im not sure but around the stitch the skin sort of peeled off in 1 spot around the stitch and also one of the the yellow stripes on his body he is shedding tho so im not sure but the underneath skin looks like a funny colour I attached a photo. Also the vet told me to put iodine on the stitch until i need to get it removed in like 2 weeks does this sound right? (The stitch is kinda hard to see cuz its black but the brown looking stuff is the iodine.
View attachment 332730

Back
Top Bottom