HELP! (silk worm issue!)

Spro0t

My silk worms just started making cocoons (I was not at all ready for this) and one of them decided to make their cocoon in the very corner of the aquarium im keeping them in and I won't be able to feed the small silk worms in the container today without disrupting his cocoon making and i hear it takes 2-3 days for them to make cocoons and i don't think i can wait that long to feed my worms, what do i do??

Please disturb. Just feed them as normal. Just throw the food in as normal, i dont care if you bury the little guy, he will be fine. Ive had tons of "over achievers" over the years. They still manage to puke themselves out, and lay eggs everywhere but on the paper towel i set out...

My silk worms just started making cocoons (I was not at all ready for this) and one of them decided to make their cocoon in the very corner of the aquarium im keeping them in and I won't be able to feed the small silk worms in the container today without disrupting his cocoon making and i hear it takes 2-3 days for them to make cocoons and i don't think i can wait that long to feed my worms, what do i do??
You will learn to tell when they are about to cocoon.

If they go to the top and start to make a thread or two I move them to a separate cocooning container. It never seems to put them off.

Back
Top Bottom