HELP --- She won't dig!

I managed to snap a photo through a gap where I could see her. Not very good but you can still see her :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 133
vets in 3 days...wish her luck!
she will we having an injection or two, over thursday and friday we assume...i will keep you updated!

The vet called in sick so we have to wait another week before going. I was reading a forum and it said feel the stomach with the thumb and fore finger for eggs...
I just tried, gentle massaged her tummy and she flinched....
Almost like a contraction.
I just fed her and she ate happily.
just another update =D

She's started shedding again! Scared the life out of me when i saw her foot peeling! So shes diffinatley healthy :) x

If you have to wait a week to see a vet then you need to find a new vet. Also if they call in sick and you need to wait another week, you DEFINITELY need to find a new vet.

I just got her out and moved her into her original tank. Picture attached.

3 days until the vets, by the way. I think she's healthy, started shedding slightly. Let me know if you want a picture :)
Thanks for the reply

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 117
I hope the new vet sorts her out for you! I think you could fill the bottom of that tank with sand for laying in couldn't you? She will probably feel better doing it in her home. Let us know how it all goes :)

Okay...
Went to the vets, and the vet said she has weak feet. Every day, I now have to give her 2 syringes of water and 1 of calcium for a week and then it's a caesarean. One step at a time!

oh wow lol sorry dumb question! For some reason the only thing that registered was weak feet and shot, I was at work and in a hurry my apologies!

Don't worry about it :p

So opinions please:
We were thinking about asking her vet if we can give her 1 more week, maybe with more medication or a higher dose of calcium, because she is supposed to have her Caesarean on Friday...
What do you lot think? :)
Thanks for all the help

I would go with what your vet suggests. Only your vet can examin her and give her the best treatment she needs. We can only go with your description of the situation and pics you post.:)

Thanks
She is always less eager now to come out because I have to syringe feed her, and she's not too keen on it :S

I’ve have said this before on other threads but I honestly don’t think this girl is gravid. She isn’t heavy looking in the recent photos; she eats a lot, has normal girl colours and this has gone on for FAR too long. You mention the vet doesn’t have a huge amount of a reptile experience; have they actually done x-rays to verify whether there are eggs inside and would they know what they are looking at? Has there been any other diagnostic tests performed outside of a quick visual inspection and palpation in the exam room. I’m going to say this too and people can hate me or not, but some of the members that have helped you on this and other related threads are not necessarily truly experienced in chameleons and while their intentions are good, they have potentially lead you in the wrong direction.

I would honestly find another vet who has some reptile experience and/or push your current vet for more information. If they are unsure about the different reptile health problems they can always consult with a vet that does.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom