Help sex new baby

flowerrpal

The first baby ambilobe panther hatched last night and I've heard if you're skilled enough you can tell the gender this early, I think Hercules is a male but can someone more experienced look? I circled what I think is his tiny bumb on his tail. Also, does anyone know what the sack is? I've been told it's their nutrients sack inside the egg and they either reabsorb or it falls off but I just want to be on the safe side
IMG_20180222_132950_328.jpg
Screenshot_20180222-212205.png

Looks male to me and that is the nutrients sack and it will fall off or reabsorb. Congratulations on the little guy he's super cute! Good luck!

If a hatchlings has a nutrient sac you just want to make sure it doesn't get stuck to anything and pulled on so that the "umbilical cord" gets pulled out.

Yup looks male to me. Congratulations! He's adorable! His nutrient sack should fall off within a few days, though I've had some that have taken a week or so and, like kinyonga mentioned just make sure it dosent get stuck on anything and pulled out. Wish you the best of luck with them! :D

As previously mentioned, be extremely careful with the yolk sack. Could be male, but it can be hard to tell in pictures versus in person because camera angles can trick people.

Back
Top Bottom