Help/scared/don't know what to do..

Curtis James

Established Member
Okay, so ever since I have put him in his new cage witch is a little smaller. But it's all screened in and plenty of vines to climb on.. He keeps wanting to go to the bottom of the cage to the same corner...

He seems stressed and not happy.. What would be the cause of this.. To much change.. He seems to be happier in the free range tree witch is next to cage...

View attachment 80347

Also have a video but don't know how to post it.. So I will explain... He will bask for a bit then go all the way to bottom same path same thing and try and grab screen he ends up in the corner, kinda pushing face up against screen, trying to get out maybe?

Just don't know what to do. Put him back in old Cage?

Please help... Thank you...

it sounds like maybe he is getting hot- I know when mine want to cool off, they go to the lower parts of the cage, or plant base- I would move this thread to the HEALTH part, and fill out the "how to ask for help" - but you said he does it after basking, so maybe he is hot ~ also, if he is happy on his F/R, I would let him hang out there for a bit.. see if he still acts upset once out ~ these little guys can sure make us all worry :cool: - I think my chams are responsible for more of my GRAY hairs than my kids are !! :eek: :p

it sounds like maybe he is getting hot- I know when mine want to cool off, they go to the lower parts of the cage, or plant base- I would move this thread to the HEALTH part, and fill out the "how to ask for help" - but you said he does it after basking, so maybe he is hot ~ also, if he is happy on his F/R, I would let him hang out there for a bit.. see if he still acts upset once out ~ these little guys can sure make us all worry :cool: - I think my chams are responsible for more of my GRAY hairs than my kids are !! :eek: :p

Thank you I will do just that!

Well is he just sitting in the corner all content? Or does he keep going to the corner and frequently checks it out?
My chameleon kept checking out a certain side of his cage after I moved around the fake vine in his cage. He did it for a couple days and I was concerned but he has stopped doing it about two days ago. How do you see it? does he just look curious or is he looking for an escape!

Well is he just sitting in the corner all content? Or does he keep going to the corner and frequently checks it out?
My chameleon kept checking out a certain side of his cage after I moved around the fake vine in his cage. He did it for a couple days and I was concerned but he has stopped doing it about two days ago. How do you see it? does he just look curious or is he looking for an escape!

He looks as if he is trying to escape... It is now day two in the new cage and I have not seen him happy in it.. He doesn't seem content in the corner more moving around pushing head up against it(colors really dark)

Once free ranged they never want to go back to caged. Would you? I'm sure he is very unhappy. Put him back in his FR and see how he acts.

He looks as if he is trying to escape... It is now day two in the new cage and I have not seen him happy in it.. He doesn't seem content in the corner more moving around pushing head up against it(colors really dark)

Hmm sounds like what my guy was doing, he kept going to the bottom corner like he was looking for something but he would just crawl around then back up, then crawl back down.. I think it could just be the switch.. but my guys colors werent dark or stressed. Do you have a free range tree for him? I'm sure that'll help

Once free ranged they never want to go back to caged. Would you? I'm sure he is very unhappy. Put him back in his FR and see how he acts.

Jann speaks the truth !! LOL - I have created "monsters" now w/ F/R - as soon as the sun is up - they all want to go outside- if they don't get to go out- they drive me nuts doing laps in their cages- but like today- :( high of 62 , cold and windy! sorry guys...no outside today, but on the up side- Hornworms come in today :D

Back
Top Bottom