Help request with my jackson that wont eat

Sorry to hear that you lost her. You put up one heck of a fight for her, and sometimes that is all you can do. Have you read this article in Chameleon News? http://www.chameleonnews.com/impulse.html

Extraordinary effort on your part, and for that, you have earned my respect. Glad to hear that you haven't been scared off by it, because any chameleon you own will be a lucky animal.

Heika
asd

Thanks Heika. I appreciate the kind words, especially coming from from a man of your stature on these fourms. I truely look up to guys like you for accurate information. That is a great article, its the 3rd time i have read it. I believe the moral of the story (and underlying message to me) is no matter how well you think you are doing, there are just inherant issues that we will have to deal with when working with a WC animal, and to not beat myself up over it. It seems also the author wrote the article as a "heads up" to those that feel they are rescuing sickly looking animals from pet stores. I am curious as to why you posted it in this thread however. I assume it is in response to my discussion contained within the "jacksons to the mainland"? Fair enough. I can see an outsiders perspective to what i have been writing, however i feel that unless you live here in hawaii, you might not understand the true travesty that we have to look at when visiting petstores for feeders. It truely is our only option as no insects can be imported. (I would love the opportunity to order larger and possibly cleaner supplies of insects at much cheaper costs if i was able to, sadly not the case here, and we have to "work with what we are given") Id love to talk about that issue more with you one on one? Possibly PM? I also apologize for the huge wall of text, my enter key seems to have just broken on me!

asd

Thanks Heika. I appreciate the kind words, especially coming from from a man of your stature on these fourms.

Haha.. not sure of my stature on the forums.. but I am definately a woman. :D

I believe the moral of the story (and underlying message to me) is no matter how well you think you are doing, there are just inherant issues that we will have to deal with when working with a WC animal, and to not beat myself up over it.

That was exactly why I linked it. The author went to extraordinary measures to try and save her chameleon's life, and in the end.. he died anyhow. But, she did everything possible to help him survive.

Id love to talk about that issue more with you one on one? Possibly PM?

I am always open to PMs... :)

ummm...i kno this is a litle LATE lol but for everything ive read... pacing on the floor is a classic sign of being gravid.... course idk wut species ur cham is but u DID say it was a she :p :confused: but dont take my advice to seriously lol

JAcksons cham wont eat

My baby jackson's cham, Rango, is refusing meal worms and ate one cricket. I put the mealworms in a dish. I use a reptisun 5.0 and a repti basking bulb 75w. I try to keep humidity really high since I live in southern California and the highest I can get it is 55%. I don't know if I should get some meds to fed him, or if I should force feed him, I just really need some help now. :D

Back
Top Bottom