HELP, questions

Hi, so this is the second time i have posted to the forum in 2 days because i have been having some problems with my jacksons. He barely eats anymore, i just got him tested for parasites and it came back negative. I did have two UVB 10 bulbs running at the top which another member told me was to much, so i turned one off. I have been dusting everything he has been eating with calcium mixed with D3 for that past couple of months and i am brand new to the forum and just saw the d3 all the time is a no no:(. I have a 24x24x48 screen cage so that is why i opted for the 10 uvb bulb (the guy at the petstore recommended it as well). When he goes to climb (which he does all day) his arms seem to shake and i can't remember if he used to do this or not. please any answer would be a good one, thank you!!!....Oh and also i have a monsoon machine that goes off for 60 seconds every hour and a large umbrella plant that takes up the entire cage that glen likes to climb around on.

IMG_2895.JPG.jpeg

I notice he's shedding in your picture. Many chams have poor appetite during a shed. That might be it.
I use Rapashy Calcium Plus which has a reduced amount of D3 2-3 times a week on crickets only less than 50% of his diet. It depends how much D3 is in your supplement. Higher concentrations should only be used once every other week especially in Jackson's because of their lower metabolism.

I notice he's shedding in your picture. Many chams have poor appetite during a shed. That might be it.
I use Rapashy Calcium Plus which has a reduced amount of D3 2-3 times a week on crickets only less than 50% of his diet. It depends how much D3 is in your supplement. Higher concentrations should only be used once every other week especially in Jackson's because of their lower metabolism.
does his weight look ok to you? Sometimes you can see his ribs a bit when he climbs, etc.

Look at his tail base to judge his weight. They puff up sometimes to look bigger and it makes their ribs look prominent but the tail base will stay consistent. He looks ok from here. It's a good idea to weigh them on a gram scale periodically so you have a base line weight for these situations.
Some extra mistings or a shower session can make a shed go more smoothly. You know where you put a plant in the shower and let luke warm water run but not hit them directly.

Look at his tail base to judge his weight. They puff up sometimes to look bigger and it makes their ribs look prominent but the tail base will stay consistent. He looks ok from here. It's a good idea to weigh them on a gram scale periodically so you have a base line weight for these situations.
Some extra mistings or a shower session can make a shed go more smoothly. You know where you put a plant in the shower and let luke warm water run but not hit them directly.
Yeah I heard of ppl doing that shower thing. He seems to LOVE it when I mist him with warm water, sometimes I do this for about 15 mins straight. I haven't done that in about a week, but I might do it today after work.

Back
Top Bottom