Help, pygmy parasites

reyesjoshuacruz

Established Member
Hey all,

Bought 6 pigs, 2.4. had them for a month, 12 eggs so far all incubating well, but i lost my first female today. she passed no more than an hr before i found her, very pale eyes open, and when i opened her mouth there was a white worm moving about.

so let er rip anything anyone can tell me about treating pigs for parasites, and what are my chances the rest are infected? thanks this sucks

You can try garlic or parazap they are natural and work for parasites if the chameleon is still in good shape and its not to late. I dust the insects with it as for meds I wouldn't know how to treat such a small chameleon.

Thanks SOcali, when it rains its pours with my chams.

Thanks dean, for some reason i garlic popped in my head too, im gunna give it a shot,

what form of garlic? any ideas? should i gut load the crix with it you think?

man it was a bummer seeing her laid out super pale, terrible way to pass

Garlic is well known through out the reptile world feed it to them and dust them you cant over do it I use garlic powder.

Garlic is well known through out the reptile world feed it to them and dust them you cant over do it I use garlic powder.

Dean, this is very interesting.
So, you just use garlic powder as dusting?
Is the chameleon like the taste?
What kind of parasites that can be killed via this method?

Dean, this is very interesting.
So, you just use garlic powder as dusting?
Is the chameleon like the taste?
What kind of parasites that can be killed via this method?

Dodolah- where you been? Welcome back, I've been looking for you on the forum. I never heard of this garlic thing, either. Glad to know about it now. Guess I'll have to add garlic powder to the cham's medicine cabinet.

I make my own dry gutload. Should I add garlic powder to that?

Dodolah- where you been? Welcome back, I've been looking for you on the forum. I never heard of this garlic thing, either. Glad to know about it now. Guess I'll have to add garlic powder to the cham's medicine cabinet.

I make my own dry gutload. Should I add garlic powder to that?

Hey Gesang!

I have a new landlord that unfortunately refuse to understand that chameleon is actually a cleaner pet than a dog.
Therefore, I decided to move out. This past month I'm busy moving to a new house.
But, now I'm officially back! :p
I miss the forum too much :eek:

Ok so it was painful, and smelly but i got a couple chunks of garlic into the 2.3.

I found the oldest piece that was still viable, and crushed it up. placed a tiny amount on the tip of a playing card, used the playing card to jar the mouth and while it was ajar i gently pushed the mashed garlic off the card into the open mouth. i wet the garlic first, and also misted and directly watered the mouth after wards, if the chams showed any problems i removed whatever pieces that hadnt been swallowed and offered water. all took it very well but i found a male that was in badddd condition, 99% chance hes got the worms to, he was a about 2 seconds away from dying at that point. eyes sunken in, very dark. I admin 2 drops of undiluted electrodize, cleaned his body and face up ( was so weak couldnt hold himself off the ground so he was laying in dirt ) i turned on the heat source and placed him underneath for the night and went to bed knowing i wouldnt see him alive again, well i woke up this morning and he was in te same spot, holding himself up this time to get close to the eat, so i snatched him up and took him to work with me, still looks crappy but hes alive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ive used garlic on everything from birds to dogs, with great sucess. ( I think )

I always start with a old piece of garlic to see the reaction, and with chams i like to feed the actual garlic so i know there is nothing else but garlic going into a weak cham. if the cham is fine with older garlic that isnt as strong, i will get fresh garlic and try.

wish me luck everyone

hes on his way down, it will prob be a few hrs, hes no longer able to support himself, if hes alive in an hr ill try and give him some liquid supp

RIP, He passed, im friggin pissed. i hate seeing them with the tounge sticking out like that. yeah they were brevs, i should have taken pics cause this guy was a killer, he didnt have the neon eye turrets, but he had a killer orange, yellow, green, belly, it was so neat to see one that had actual coloring, and the colors were better then most veileds. the only thing that helps is knowing i have 12 waiting to hatch in a month

Last edited:
yeah still bummed, its crazy how we are just used to having these amazing exotic animals around us, i had him at my desk and everyone started asking about him, and i finally heard myself talk it, ITS FROM AFRICA!!!!!!! i forget how amazing and rare they are. when i start spouting facts people think im crazy, they really are exotic

Sorry to hear that Josh..

I was pulling for the little guy...

I know what your saying about peoples reaction to these animals. I think I have to give a tour/lesson/presentation everytime anyone comes through... They are taken by all the Reptiles. I have a 5ft Shed from my Boa hanging in my office... You can just imagine the looks I get when Clients come in for a meeting.

I'm sorry about your brev passing. Are you treating the others for the worms also? Have you found out what they are?

Also, you may want to treat the babies when they hatch.

One last thing, do NOT use garlic with dogs as it will kill them eventually. There is a chemical in garlic (and onions) that builds up in dogs and will eventually be fatal. I can find the info and link it if you want, but I am positive that it is true.

wow i was hoping there wasnt going to be any hitchhikers in with the eggs. So pretty much garlic powder should do it.

also would feeding as much as they can eat a good or bad thing, i can see it going either way, either the boom in nutrients will cause more to spawn, or give cham energy to fight the parasites?

Back
Top Bottom