help!! pygmy chameleons mouth

minxi

Hi i hope someone can help me! I have 4 pygmy chameleons 3 wc and 1 cb. One of the wc ones is female i`ve had her for about 5 mounths now and about 4 days ago i`ve notist her mouth is slightly starting to go rounderd,she is drinking like normal walking,allthough her eating is a bit slower like her mouth is sore! I use NUTROBAL a calcium balancer & multivitamin supplement. The man at the shop told me to dust the food every feed time,but i have read all sorts like only dust once a week or dust twice a week and even once a mounth! The other 3 are doing just fine,what am i doing wrong? She laid 4 eggs last week and the day after i notist her mouth. She also takes deep breaths,I will be taking her to the vet tomorrow ( thats when i have the car ) just need some advice untill then thanyou x

Hello, I don't have any experience with pygmy's nor researched them yet so sorry I'm no help. I'm sure someone will chime in when they get on. There are a few members with pygmies. It will help them more if you could fill out this questionnaire on the link below and include any pictures would be great.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/ Just copy and paste then fill in with answers.
Hope someone gets on soon.
Good luck

pygmy chameleon

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. Its a pygmy chameleon and she is female. How long has it been in your care? about 5 mounths.
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? in 5 mounth about 3 times.
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? crickets. ff. house flys. What amount? i put in about 6 crickets every other day,its to feed 4 pygmys! What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? with the food they come in. and some fruit and veg.. and dust with nutrobal. a calcium balancer & multivitamin.
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? nutrobal. every feeding.
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? misting. How often and how long to you mist? about twice a day,sometimes 3. Do you see your chameleon drinking? yes.
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? droppings are white on the end with normal brown colour at the other end. no not been tested.
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) screen. What are the dimensions? repti breez 30"by 30" by 30"
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? 25wot. with no uv.. What is your daily lighting schedule? 12 hours on 12 hours off.
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? 68 to 70. Lowest overnight temp? about the same. How do you measure these temps? with a temerature gage.
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? about 70 to 90. How are you creating and maintaining these levels? misting. What do you use to measure humidity? humidity gage
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? both. cant remember the names but they are ok to use got them from the reptile shop.
Placement - Where is your cage located? in the room. Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? In the living room. I have a celing fan thats on most of the time on. At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? 35"

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. Am concerned about her mouth it looks like its gone more rounded in the last 4 to 5 days ago.

pygmy chameleon

i cant send pics! camera wont work and ma phone wont do close ups! well my other pygmys have like a pointed mouth av looked on the internet at pygmy chameleon faces and all have that pointed look. Its like it is swollan and the mouth is slighty open but only slighty! and her eyes have also sunken a bit, am thinking maybe its mouth rot? temps are all good humitiy is good and my other pygmys are all good to. its like a T rex face thats is excacty what she looks like! very rounded.

pygmy chameleon

sorry RI? also 2 days ago she would take big deep breaths! but she has`nt done that since.

If it is a respitory infection there are antibiotics but just from the description its hard to say anything I think baytril is common for RI. but i would definitly go to the vet

pygmy chameleon

I`ve talked to the vet and he said it does sound like it is respitory problems, so an oppointment has been made for tomorrow morning! He said thet its very good that she is still eating and drinking which is very important for a pooly reptile,so fingers crossed i can help her. Again thankyou..:)

Back
Top Bottom