Help plz! my panther is havin some eye troubles:(

Hmm,I never heard of that, that silkworms provide plenty of vit. A. Thank you ill give that a try also.

Thx so much for the support guys,i really appreciate it, and hopefully so will my chameleon:D

About the showering thing,ive been doing this since friday,the 27th,should i keep on showering him till he seems better,because when ever i put him back in his cage,his eyes close again. But when i feed him he opens them (of course) then they seem to close again. And for the misting thing,when ever i take my hand mister,and mist him he seems to shrink back and doesnt seem very happy about this.

My cham Vega was also diagnosed with a Vit A deficiency last weak after almost 2 mo of Baytril injections. He still has eye problems where they get all gewie and he only wants to open them after the showers. One eye seems significantly worse than the other. I give him one in the morning and one an night if he is drinking and staying hydrated. If you over do the shower I believe it can dehydrate them. So I also soak him in Pedialyte. Mine does not like misting either. He is showing a little improvement, I thought I might loose him last week. The Dr. prescribed a vit A supp. 2x weekly and discontinued the baytril.

My cham Vega was also diagnosed with a Vit A deficiency last weak after almost 2 mo of Baytril injections. He still has eye problems where they get all gewie and he only wants to open them after the showers. One eye seems significantly worse than the other. I give him one in the morning and one an night if he is drinking and staying hydrated. If you over do the shower I believe it can dehydrate them. So I also soak him in Pedialyte. Mine does not like misting either. He is showing a little improvement, I thought I might loose him last week. The Dr. prescribed a vit A supp. 2x weekly and discontinued the baytril.

Can you tell us what you were using as supplements and gutload prior to your chameleon being diagnosed with a vitamin A deficiency? Is the vitamin A that was prescribed a preformed version? How much (IU's) are you giving?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, the vitamin A thing interests me.. :eek:

To be honest with you I was not regularly gut loading beyond a few veggies and whatever the crickets come with, and only dusting like once a week with Herpcare. Dr. Alfonso recommended the gutload from cricket food.com that we ordered (but it is on 2-3 wk back order b/c of popular demand). Until then I am gut loading with a mix of alfalfa, baby grain, and a veggie like kale or greens with some carrot every morning. The prescription is for Allerg-3 an omega-3 fatty acid. Preformed, I assume with 400IU per capsule, but we just give him 2-3 drops of it. Any recommendations on improving the gutload etc would be greatly appreciated.:)

Hmmmmm,so eye problems arent always due to dehydration? I think ill dust my crickets a lil more with vit. A. But im gut loading them with leafy green veggies.

Bucky said...the cage is "a couple feet away from an air vent"...is do you have air from the air conditioner blowing out of it? Does it blow towards his cage?

You said..."I dust them once or twice a week with d3 and vit. A"..No other vitamins? What products do you use? Is it preformed vitamin A?

What vet do you use?? I sent you a pm!!

Bucky said...the cage is "a couple feet away from an air vent"...is do you have air from the air conditioner blowing out of it? Does it blow towards his cage?

You said..."I dust them once or twice a week with d3 and vit. A"..No other vitamins? What products do you use? Is it preformed vitamin A?
The air doesnt blow at the cage.For the vitamins,i only use those two vitamins,they are reptivite(vit. A) and rep cal(d3 and calcium). Are you asking me what vet i use? I go to SEAVS, Dr. stahl.

Back
Top Bottom