Help Please!

LOL whatever works. Are you measuring the temps with a analog thermometer? I've seen those things be WAY off on the readings your girl could be too hot

Yea, i got an analog thermometer and hydrometer, AND a digital one, haha. They're both reading the same reading, so i trust it. They're fine now, with the nighttime temperature at 68 humidity 52%

lets see if i can get a picture up

Attachments

• Rojo1.jpg
    Rojo1.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 100
Your male is a handsome boy! What's his name???

Rojo (pronounced RoJoe)

Rojo is Spanish for Red, and he's got red eyes .. and i just thought RoJoe sounded cool lol, thus came the name Rojo

Her name is Flare, because she's a nice orange color .. shes a beauty, it's a shame she wont keep her eyes open ='(

The pics of her are a little blurry but from what I can see she doesn't look dehydrated and hey eyes look nice and round. But, she does seem to be showing some stress colors but you've only had her a few days right so you probably don't want to handle her too often..let her get acclimated to her cage. But, IMHO I would change your compact UVB coil to a linear coil bulb even though your other cham is doing well on the same setup it might be hurting her eyes.

Rojo (pronounced RoJoe)

Rojo is Spanish for Red, and he's got red eyes .. and i just thought RoJoe sounded cool lol, thus came the name Rojo

Her name is Flare, because she's a nice orange color .. shes a beauty, it's a shame she wont keep her eyes open ='(

Those are great names! Correct me if I'm wrong but did you say you got her from a pet shop? and if you did were they using a compact UVB bulb. You'd be surprised at the eye problems have had because it's just too strong and bright for them. Many times when the bulb is exchanged for the linear their eyes go back to normal in a few days. Just a thought. Other wise you might have to take her to a vet if she keeps her eyes closed and sleeps during the day then she definitely has some other problems going on. Sorry to say :(

The pics of her are a little blurry but from what I can see she doesn't look dehydrated and hey eyes look nice and round. But, she does seem to be showing some stress colors but you've only had her a few days right so you probably don't want to handle her too often..let her get acclimated to her cage. But, IMHO I would change your compact UVB coil to a linear coil bulb even though your other cham is doing well on the same setup it might be hurting her eyes.

Alright thanks, i'm hoping she'll come around and this is just temporary ='( wishful thinking i know. But yea, i only really handle her just to get a better look at her eyes, because i know handling will only do more harm then good. Tomorrow i'm too busy to even run out to find a bulb, but when i get the chance to i'll def run out and find a tube.

Any preference to Brand?

Those are great names! Correct me if I'm wrong but did you say you got her from a pet shop? and if you did were they using a compact UVB bulb. You'd be surprised at the eye problems have had because it's just too strong and bright for them. Many times when the bulb is exchanged for the linear their eyes go back to normal in a few days. Just a thought. Other wise you might have to take her to a vet if she keeps her eyes closed and sleeps during the day then she definitely has some other problems going on. Sorry to say :(

Thanks, i liked the names too. And no, she isn't from a pet shop. But as i said, i'll run out for a linear tube soon as i get the chance and see if that makes a difference. Thanks for the tips though!

Alright thanks, i'm hoping she'll come around and this is just temporary ='( wishful thinking i know. But yea, i only really handle her just to get a better look at her eyes, because i know handling will only do more harm then good. Tomorrow i'm too busy to even run out to find a bulb, but when i get the chance to i'll def run out and find a tube.

Any preference to Brand?

It seems that the majority here uses the ReptiSun brand in a 5.0 UVB linear tube and that's what I use also. Anyhow, I hope this will help her. Good luck with everything tomorrow :)

Any preference to Brand?

If it is not temporary then you need to get her to the vet before permanent damage occurs. Here is a link with some things you can try. I am too lazy to write it all out:rolleyes: Read the first QandA.

http://chameleonnews.com/10JulCainQA.html

Last edited:
If it is not temporary then you need to get her to the vet before permanent damage occurs. Here is a link with some things you can try. I am too lazy to write it all out:rolleyes: Read the first QandA.

http://chameleonnews.com/10JulCainQA.html

Thanks alot! I'm gonna try the extra spraying so hopefully the water will flush out and if it's not looking better I'll tru the saline drops (I wear contacts so we have plenty of that solution around here)

thanks alot!

Reptisun 5.0 uvb linear bulb. not recommended to get repti-glo..change it every 6 months, also get the fixture for the bulb ther quite expensive around 18-26 bucks each

Reptisun 5.0 uvb linear bulb. not recommended to get repti-glo..change it every 6 months, also get the fixture for the bulb ther quite expensive around 18-26 bucks each

Are you talking about the long white tube light fixture? Because I have those at my house

Just to get to the point and not trying to be rude but take her the vet, its good to get a regular check anyway.
Especially for a newer Cham, if you really care you will try your best to get get her in and not wasting your time on this while she could be dieing.

as for the dropper I have one set up I'll tru dripping it on the side of her head to see how she reacts tomorrow morning

What I'm suggesting is getting a "dropper"

dropers.jpg

So you can manually drop water on her nose and manually push water through the cage when she's in the right spot. I found my boy couldn't resist that sudden appearance of water dripping down the cage right next to him. He'd drink right from the dropper. (he's doing great now so I don't need to do this with him)

As long as you keep the dropper outside the cage, you can use a glass dropper. If you have any "natural food" stores or "aromatherapy" type stores in the neighborhood, they will have glass bottles with glass droppers. When I needed to do it for my boy I kept a full bottle w/dropper next to the cage, whenever I saw him on the side, I grabbed the bottle and started pushing water through.

What I'm suggesting is getting a "dropper"

dropers.jpg

So you can manually drop water on her nose and manually push water through the cage when she's in the right spot. I found my boy couldn't resist that sudden appearance of water dripping down the cage right next to him. He'd drink right from the dropper. (he's doing great now so I don't need to do this with him)

As long as you keep the dropper outside the cage, you can use a glass dropper. If you have any "natural food" stores or "aromatherapy" type stores in the neighborhood, they will have glass bottles with glass droppers. When I needed to do it for my boy I kept a full bottle w/dropper next to the cage, whenever I saw him on the side, I grabbed the bottle and started pushing water through.

Yea iv been trying the dropper but she won't take it, I haven't witnessed her drink any . . .

Back
Top Bottom