Help please!!!!!!

rangosd

My brother bought this chameleon in august 2021 we got him still young and ever since we got him he’s been having multiple health problems, i don’t have any money to take him to the doctors and my older brother (owner of the chameleon) doesn’t care about him anymore so he doesn’t want to take him to the vet, my parents told me that they can’t afford taking him to the vet. so i would like some help to try to help this poor chameleon. I’ve made some research and i think he has mouth rot, respiratory infection and maybe bone disease. I don’t know anything about the animal i just want to help him, i’ve been feeding him and taking care of him but i don’t know anything about chameleons!!! i would really appreciate help :(((
+ he’s been refusing to eat for a little while now, he’s eating much smaller insects than b4

Attachments

• 88CF58CE-9B91-4699-B726-4096E4E7AC58.jpeg
    88CF58CE-9B91-4699-B726-4096E4E7AC58.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 75
  • F75F739E-FB3A-49DB-A40C-348902EAD72D.jpeg
    F75F739E-FB3A-49DB-A40C-348902EAD72D.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 9981E5EE-5F32-4438-8F5D-6AEF2B050E06.jpeg
    9981E5EE-5F32-4438-8F5D-6AEF2B050E06.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 65
  • E6A71DA6-47C7-414A-BEEE-A4550F2E7695.jpeg
    E6A71DA6-47C7-414A-BEEE-A4550F2E7695.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 72
Hello, welcome and thanks for seeking help. Yes he has MBD and possibly the other health issues you described. Unfortunately a vet would be required at this point. You can look at chameleon academy for fixes to his husbandry but without a vet he will continue to decline in health.

I do not see mouth rot but he has severe MBD. I would recommend a rehab or rescue as well. He is going to need a lot of medical care to even get back to a semi healthy quality of life. :(

Definitely has MBD...crooked arm, lips separated at the front, etc.
A good chameleon vet can help with all of that...and check to see if anything else is going on.

To correct MBD, you need to correct the imbalances in the nutrients he's getting, ensure that he has proper UVB, feed him well fed gutloaded Insects dusted properly with the right supplements....and until the bones and muscles, etc are strong and healthy again, he will need extra (liquid) calcium sandoz or gluconate prescribed by the vet.

Can you answer the questions in this thread so we can check the husbandry for you...it will need to be corrected to help with his recovery...
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

I do not see mouth rot but he has severe MBD. I would recommend a rehab or rescue as well. He is going to need a lot of medical care to even get back to a semi healthy quality of life. :(
Thank you!! I’ll definitely do that. I’ve been thinking of just sending him away to a rescue since my brother doesn’t care about him enough to keep him, i’ll definitely be very sad to let him go since i’ve been taking care of him but i think it’s the right thing to do.

Definitely has MBD...crooked arm, lips separated at the front, etc.
A good chameleon vet can help with all of that...and check to see if anything else is going on.

To correct MBD, you need to correct the imbalances in the nutrients he's getting, ensure that he has proper UVB, feed him well fed gutloaded Insects dusted properly with the right supplements....and until the bones and muscles, etc are strong and healthy again, he will need extra (liquid) calcium sandoz or gluconate prescribed by the vet.

Can you answer the questions in this thread so we can check the husbandry for you...it will need to be corrected to help with his recovery...
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/
Thank you so so much!!!

Hello, welcome and thanks for seeking help. Yes he has MBD and possibly the other health issues you described. Unfortunately a vet would be required at this point. You can look at chameleon academy for fixes to his husbandry but without a vet he will continue to decline in health.
Thank you for helping!! since i can’t afford it i will probably drop him off at a rescuer near me so he has a chance at life! thank you again.

I know an excellent rehabbed in OH. I’ll ask her to comment here. She just checked out his photos and worried he might not make shipping. Where do you live in FL?

I did a google search and this place came up but I know nothing about it.
https://www.hernandoreptile.org/
I’m about an hour away from them, but i will go! i called they were very nice about it. i’ll soon take him there! thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom