Help please

RobStac

So I have posted this message before but now I am adding a picture for your advise, anyways so I have a 7 month old veiled chameleon and he eats and drinks perfect but ever since I changed him from his gallon cage to a 100 gallon cage he has changed his color scheme for weeks to a darker color with brown and white and he used to be a bright green I will post a picture for your help, is this normal or is something wrong sick.jpg

He is most likely just slightly stressed from the cage move. It takes them a while to get used to the different environment. I would not worry and he should return to normal behavior in a couple days/week.

So I have posted this message before but now I am adding a picture for your advise, anyways so I have a 7 month old veiled chameleon and he eats and drinks perfect but ever since I changed him from his gallon cage to a 100 gallon cage he has changed his color scheme for weeks to a darker color with brown and white and he used to be a bright green I will post a picture for your help, is this normal or is something wrong View attachment 84397

Can you fill this form out please.?
https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

That way we can see if maybe something else is bothering him too!

Is that his basking light he is hanging underneath? If so, he does not have any where to securely bask it seems. There should be a vine or branch about 6 inches below or so. Have the temps changed since the move??

no that's a uvb light, his basking is on the opposite side of the cage, but yeah I changed the lights, he has a 150 watt basking bulb ( wattage higher because its hard to keep the heat in the cage do to the fact its all mesh) and then on the other side he has his uvb light and a 100 watt blue light the spreads the heat evenly

What are the temps for the basking? That seems a bit much with three bulbs.. You should only need one house bulb and one uvb light.

Its about 95 in his basking spot, and 80 for the rest of the top part of his cage and about 75 towards the bottom half

Back
Top Bottom