Help please!

hayden

I just got her and she has been acting funny. Extremely calm. And when I got home from work she was on the bottom of the cage black. It's a senegal chameleon. Temp and humidity are flawless. Is she pregnant? Here are some pictures. And it's an adult I was told. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370033284.072022.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370033335.920835.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370033374.682390.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370033442.659150.jpg

I just got her and she has been acting funny. Extremely calm. And when I got home from work she was on the bottom of the cage black. It's a senegal chameleon. Temp and humidity are flawless. Is she pregnant? Here are some pictures. And it's an adult I was told. View attachment 79977View attachment 79978View attachment 79979View attachment 79980

Does not look gravid (pregnant). What are the temps? Does she have enough branches so that she can choose a comfortable level to regulate her body temps?

During the early days of adjustment, I found my baby panther on the bottom of the cage twice.... His temps were fine... he was just frightened by his new surroundings. If she's eating and drinking okay, just give her more alone time. Do (however) get her off the bottom and find her a nice middle height branch to sit on (one that will allow her to either go up to warmer temps, or down to cooler).

From her appearance I am guessing she is wild caught. I also believe she isn't old enough to get a 100% gender I'd. She will likely get a little bigger.

I would get a fecal done to check for parasites asap.

If you think humidity is perfect it likely isn't. These chams seem to like lots of misting. Play with rh, ambient temps, and basking temps until she is happy using the care sheet here as a base. I think they like it wetter and warmer than indicated.

i think your temp might be to low is 73 what the temprature is at the bottom of your enclosure or the top. That could very well be an issue.

Temperature:
Baby/juvenile (<9 months): ambient 72-80F (22-26C), basking 85F (29C)
Adult males: ambient 75-80F (23-26C), basking 90-95F (32-35C)
Adult females: ambient 75-80F (23-26C), basking 85F (29C)

This is temp for vieled, but should work for yours aswell, care sheet on this species , on this website says this for temp
Adult: 70-80F (21-26C) ambient, 80-90F (26-32C) basking

Pregnant panther?

So I have a panther chameleon and she is about 6-7 months old. she has been acting very weird. she has stopped eating and drinking, she is very restless, she is extremely les active then usual, she just lies on the same branch all day, she is getting a little bit bigger but her skin is getting very loose and she is like full orange with just a little bit of beige witch I was told that those are the colors she will show when she is ready to mate but when ever I bring my male close to her she gets very angry and tries to attack him. I was very worried so I took her to the vet and she x-rayed her but we did not see any eggs so I was very curious as to what is wrong? any and all help is very much appreciated thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom