Help please something on his eye

Zajlol

I don't know what it is it looks like a clear coating, covering his eye slit. Please help ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362798358.160123.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362798367.292175.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362798378.126235.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362798424.711686.jpg

i would say to start by misting, maybe giving him a chance to clear it.
someone with more experience may have another idea.

I'm in no way a vet, so take what I say as a opinion.

To me, It looks like your guy has a infection inside his eye. It looks to be really cloudy and needs to be cleaned out.

I know Camimom is pretty good with chameleon eyes, so hopefully she can chime in soon.

If i were you, no questions asked I'd take your guy to the vet asap. Most likely he'll get an eye flush and some saline drops.

To help your guy out for now, I suggest doing the shower method and upping his mistings a bit so he has more chances to clean his eyes. You may also want to only hand mist if you're on an automatic misting system. Thus you can mist with warm water.

Hang in there though! Let us know how his eye is.

-Gabe

I'm in no way a vet, so take what I say as a opinion.

To me, It looks like your guy has a infection inside his eye. It looks to be really cloudy and needs to be cleaned out.

I know Camimom is pretty good with chameleon eyes, so hopefully she can chime in soon.

If i were you, no questions asked I'd take your guy to the vet asap. Most likely he'll get an eye flush and some saline drops.

To help your guy out for now, I suggest doing the shower method and upping his mistings a bit so he has more chances to clean his eyes. You may also want to only hand mist if you're on an automatic misting system. Thus you can mist with warm water.

Hang in there though! Let us know how his eye is.

-Gabe

Thank you Gabe!

i agree that it could be an eye infection because it does look like a discarge. you could message ferretinmyshoes also she is one of the vets on the forum and she might be able to help. i think he needs to be checked out by a vet in my opnion. i would try the shower to see if you can clear it up for him until you can get him into the vet!

Maybe try an eye ointment? I remember reading someone who said they got eye ointment from Omaha Vaccine Co. online. $9.99- (did a search for "omaha" and it came up...) I am sorry your Cham is under the weather, hopefully all will be well soon!!

-Gabe

Gabe's post is 99% correct, except that a vet will most likely prescribe antibiotic drops and possibly an oral antibiotic, as well.
Saline rinses are home treatments but his eye looks pretty bad, so I'd skip the home treatments--though the saline rinses can help his eye feel a little better if you can't get to a vet today..

Truly, a reptile-knowledgeable vet is the key to getting your cham back to good health. Eye infections can be part of a deeper infection of the sinuses or they can spread to the sinuses, etc.

Eyes are so important for chams to get their food, so I wouldn't wait to get him to a vet.

You can have a look here for a reptile vet or maybe you are near someone on the forum who knows of a good vet:
http://www.arav.org/find-a-vet/#Nevada
More links to find vets:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/veterinarian-resources-67/[/QUOTE]

This looks just like what Walker is going through right now.

I took him to the vet on Wed and he got two injections, an oral med and eye drops. Seems to be helping as his eyes are open and alert as of this morning! Good luck!

3uzununa.jpg

use6ype6.jpg

I just put him under a warm shower, and it looks 10x better I can't see anything in it right now. Later if it comes back I'm going to bring him to a vet!

I just put him under a warm shower, and it looks 10x better I can't see anything in it right now. Later if it comes back I'm going to bring him to a vet!
Nice! Glad to hear the good news.

Good thing you tackled it right away. Stick with the showers, and if any puss comes out like max's pictures use a soft warm qtip and gently run the stuff out. Then give him a good shower right after to help get rid of it.

Be sure to watch your cham in the shower aswell. Sometimes they can drown :(

Nice! Glad to hear the good news.

Good thing you tackled it right away. Stick with the showers, and if any puss comes out like max's pictures use a soft warm qtip and gently run the stuff out. Then give him a good shower right after to help get rid of it.

Be sure to watch your cham in the shower aswell. Sometimes they can drown :(

Ok thank you :D yeah I always watch them in the showers!

Sounds like you're on the right track with all the good advice you've been given so far. :) Daily shower sessions for the next 5-7 days will help cleanse any debris or irritants out of the eye, and hopefully that's all it'll need. But if it continues to look like it's having problems then a good reptile vet is the way to go!

Sounds like you're on the right track with all the good advice you've been given so far. :) Daily shower sessions for the next 5-7 days will help cleanse any debris or irritants out of the eye, and hopefully that's all it'll need. But if it continues to look like it's having problems then a good reptile vet is the way to go!

Thank you! :)

Back
Top Bottom