!!!!HELP PLEASE!!!! Part of casque broke off!!!!

Howdy Rob and Jessi,

Just keep an eye on the surface where it came off of to be sure that there isn't any "open skin". If there is, you could put a little bit of antibiotic ointment on it until it heals over.

Here's another example of one of those coming off:

CasqueEdge.jpg

With a teenage daughter, you most likely don't need more drama do you? :D We do have a few people, yes I am one of them:eek:, who often panic. But I am getting better - I think???

Good grief, Who majored in drama then? How about a new pic closeup, now that its off so we can see beneath?
Probably a few layers in that patch that failed to slough off before.
Why is everything an emergency here? Rob & Jess hardly need encouragement to panic. :)

Howdy Rob and Jessi,

Just keep an eye on the surface where it came off of to be sure that there isn't any "open skin". If there is, you could put a little bit of antibiotic ointment on it until it heals over.

Here's another example of one of those coming off:

CasqueEdge.jpg

yep..thats exactly how the broken off part looks like...ok i will jst keep monitoring and put on neosporin until it is healed

Just folk in general carol, not you specifically. :)

There is evidence of an old burn (note the smoothness of the ridge) but I deliberately didn't mention it because its well healed. The area of concern may well be related being the final stages of healing, this can take considerable time left to nature, and successive sloughs will see the area self repair, as is likely the case here.
Having called folk on drama, there was no point upsetting the OP further.
Simply keep some distance between the heat source and the cagetop (chams climb screen ceilings). In addition, a little cooler is safer than a little hotter, the lizard will bask longer to achieve its desired temp, no big deal.
Happy Herping! :)

Laurie, definitely more than enough drama with teen girls! LOL :D

Just realised there has been a miscommunication here on my part, my apology, Id like to clarify....

From the photos in the original post (see below) I assumed you were referring to the area marked blue (correctly) but failed to realise (despite the title) that it had sloughed off the burn on the ridgeline (red) and was hanging there.
I took a quick look and it looked like a line of skin a few layers, (still attached) that hadn't shed before,
I assumed that area had also been slightly burnt, and the sloughing off was related to that.(healing). The ridgeline (red) itself looked well healed, no bleeding or anything so I overlooked it.
My mistake, sorry for the confusion guys! (insert embarrassed smiley here)
Anyone know a good optometrist? :D

16li4aq.jpg

Last edited:
Just realised there has been a miscommunication here on my part, my apology, Id like to clarify....

From the photos in the original post (see below) I assumed you were referring to the area marked blue (correctly) but failed to realise (despite the title) that it had sloughed off the burn on the ridgeline (red) and was hanging there.
I took a quick look and it looked like a line of skin a few layers, (still attached) that hadn't shed before,
I assumed that area had also been slightly burnt, and the sloughing off was related to that.(healing). The ridgeline (red) itself looked well healed, no bleeding or anything so I overlooked it.
My mistake, sorry for the confusion guys! (insert embarrassed smiley here)
Anyone know a good optometrist? :D

16li4aq.jpg

thanks for taking the time to explain :D

gosh now I am confused. So the blue arrow is pointing to what then? What is that line going across the casque then? So the red arrow is pointing to the top of the casque and that is the ridge where the piece fell off!!!? So the piece of skin that Dave Wheldon posted is the same piece that fell off of your chameleon then?

gosh now I am confused. So the blue arrow is pointing to what then? What is that line going across the casque then? So the red arrow is pointing to the top of the casque and that is the ridge where the piece fell off!!!? So the piece of skin that Dave Wheldon posted is the same piece that fell off of your chameleon then?

Yes carol, looks exactly the same.

You need to put a splint on it as well as this

Attachments

• 1076-3139.7.2.8 (1).pdf
    801.2 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot_20200904-024717_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200904-024717_Chrome.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 86
Back
Top Bottom