Help please! Humidity level question...

We also have a mistking for our panther chams. It's the best thing since sliced bread :) We keep our humidity levels between 40-50% at all times. We have one that is particularly sensitive to humidity levels higher than this and he will start exhibiting signs of an URI if it gets over 50% for an extended period of time. The 40 - 50% works best for us.

Prior to having a mist king I had a male veiled that was always battling sinus issues and pluged tearducts my vet told me I needed to find a way to get the humidity up. it was running at 40-50% other than just after hand misting. First i added a cool air humidifer and that helped but mostly at the cage it was pointed at.Then I moved a aquarium in that room and the room humidity went up a little more. so as my collection grew I was spending every spare moment misting&setting up drips. Then came the mist king..Chams got healther. Vet trips went down:D:):D, baby survival rate went to 95% plus And I have more spare time. at night while my enclosures dry out the himidity drops to 55-65% This keeps the nasty molds away. Anyway I hope this helps( your humidity is perfect in my opion)

were the pluged tearducts due to low humidity? im wondering this because my female 2 month old cham's tearducts generally have a white crust on them but she seems to be breathing fine...is this a problem caused by humidity? im supplamenting correctly so i wonder if humidity is the problem...

were the pluged tearducts due to low humidity? im wondering this because my female 2 month old cham's tearducts generally have a white crust on them but she seems to be breathing fine...is this a problem caused by humidity? im supplamenting correctly so i wonder if humidity is the problem...

With pluged tearducts there eyes swell.. it is one of many problems that come with low humidity

With pluged tearducts there eyes swell.. it is one of many problems that come with low humidity

Im so excited! I added two plants to her cage this morning around 8:00, a Dwarf Hibiscus and a Money Tree and today when I got home around 5:00 the white residue on her nose was gone! :D

Now what Im worried about is her acclimating to her new cage set up, she is freaking out and pacing around the cage, and her colors of stress are showing, she is a dark green with black spots...how long does it usually take for a cham to get used to a new cage set up?

Back
Top Bottom