Help!! Open cuts on my female panthers back

TheLizardKing

Two days ago, i have discovered a very small open cut on my female panthers back. Now the cut has gotten alot worst and theres another cut that came up. Her skin seems to feel dry as well. I know that she is not dehydrated since she is still drinking water everyday and has good humidity. She is also still eating everyday and getting her calcium. What could have causes this? And what should i do?!! I am very worried.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 168
You should post a picture of your setup.
And fill all of this out so we can better help you.
Do you leave feeders in the cage over night?
The picture is a little blurry. Could it just be color striations on the panther's back?

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

You should post a picture of your setup.
And fill all of this out so we can better help you.
Do you leave feeders in the cage over night?
The picture is a little blurry. Could it just be color striations on the panther's back?

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
C
It is an open wound on her back. And i think it might be from left over crickets. I just discovered like 10 of them hiding behind the plants. What would be the best option to make this wound heal?

And i have been taking care of chameleons for years and i also breed them.
I take great daily care of them and they have everything they need. I just have not came across an issue like this before.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 92
I just don't think that's from cricks, unless you are using those nasty black
field crickets. Even then, they would nibble on extremities like tip of tail, toes,
etc. Plus, I have never seen or heard of cricks attacking a cham that size unless they are really huge adult cricks.

Squee had almost identical wounds on his spine, it was from getting to close
to the basking lamp. The whole length of his spine was dry and light colored.
He had rubbed the scab off and exposed the open wound that looked just
like that.
He became infected and I had to put him on Baytril for 18 days.

Just a thought

field crickets. Even then, they would nibble on extremities like tip of tail, toes,
etc. Plus, I have never seen or heard of cricks attacking a cham that size unless they are really huge adult cricks.

like that.

Just a thought

I too think these are burns.

like that.

Just a thought
Yeah i agree they could be burns but i use the double deep dome light and use a 75 watt bulbs for night and day. I ended up finding more than 10 crickets hiding behind a plant.
But either way, the cuts are healing and they look alot better. I will raise my lights higher just in case. Thanks for the tip!

Back
Top Bottom