Help! New owner.

If you want to have less chance of insects biting the chameleon put a little dish of greens and veggies at the bottom of the cage for the insects to eat. Just make sure to change it often so it won't get moldy.

I never keep insects refrigerated. For the superworms I keep them in a bin with a couple of pieces of rotting wood and some substrate. I feed them the same greens, etc that I feed the crickets.
Waxworms I usually just feed to the critters right away....no leftovers. I've never bought them often.

If you want to have less chance of insects biting the chameleon put a little dish of greens and veggies at the bottom of the cage for the insects to eat. Just make sure to change it often so it won't get moldy.

I never keep insects refrigerated. For the superworms I keep them in a bin with a couple of pieces of rotting wood and some substrate. I feed them the same greens, etc that I feed the crickets.
Waxworms I usually just feed to the critters right away....no leftovers. I've never bought them often.

I usually stick pieces of carrot around the top-middle and bottom of the cage.

Surprisingly, they don’t seem to feed much when they’re in the cage (not that they last very long either). Wonder if they nibble a bit on the veg I give them, perhaps the pothos, perhaps gross things?

I tend to add about 5-7 medium crickets per day and 2-5 superworms once every three days. Leilu likes crickets, but damn does she love superworms!

Back
Top Bottom