HELP NEEDED !!! Mites on Veiled eggs :(

gemmatony10

Been incubating my 1st clutch of veiled eggs since the 5th of march, been looking great, growing, kept at 74-78.

Tonight I went in to shake the condensation off the lids, as I always do, and noticed a really really tiny what looked to be a mite or something.

Im freaking out right now, and very unsure what to do, they are on vermulite.

So far ive only had 1 out of 46 mould, which I removed straight away.

I would be very grateful of any advice, should I change the verm etc :(

thanks in advace

Been incubating my 1st clutch of veiled eggs since the 5th of march, been looking great, growing,
noticed a really really tiny what looked to be a mite or something.

I would leave them be. If eggs look okay. Most likely spring tails that came with the soil you dug eggs up from. As soil dries out a bit, they should start to dwindle in number. I would only worry if you had some wiggly worm like things hugging your eggs.

Mites really suck! I am going through my own mite infestation right now. Today I threw out 500 kingworms because the mites got into them. I posted up some fly sticky traps that are supposed to catch mites and fleas. Hopefully it will keep them from overproducing while I try to kill the rest off. I'm not sure how these will work with incubating eggs. You might want to read up about the sticky traps and see if they could be an option for you. I got mine from LLL Reptile here: http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog...ys-and-cleaners/-/prozap-large-no-pest-strip/

Thanks guys....I cant even see them now :confused:it was in the dark, and the lighting was really not good, but there was definetly something there.

Ive had mite's before, on my Chinese water dragons bark, thank goodness it was only substrate mites and not anything else, as it was easily dealt with :rolleyes:

I dont want to keep opening the tubs, so will leave them for the next week, and see if I can spot anything :mad:there was certainly no maggot type things though, just very tiny little mite type bugs

thanks again for all your help, Gemma xxx

Back
Top Bottom