Help, my Panther chameleon hasn't pooped in almost 2 weeks!!!

Yea man. An adult sized cage is 24"x24"x48".
I'm sure as soon as you get it your cham will be a lot happier
And less stressed.

That is a very large chameleon and his back is almost touching the basking light. By the way what is the wattage of that thing? and why red? You really should just have a 60 watt regular old white bulb. It will brighten up the cage. He could burn his back on the screen. You need to move the branch down so HE is atleast 6 inches from the light.

Also, if you cannot get a bigger cage right away then raise that cage up way higher.Chams like to be up high. He should be able to look down at you.

Whew...finally.

Mo finally pooped today, it was waiting for me when I got home. It looked different than normal though. Here's a picture..

phpQLRTKrPM.jpg

That is a very large chameleon and his back is almost touching the basking light. By the way what is the wattage of that thing? and why red? You really should just have a 60 watt regular old white bulb. It will brighten up the cage. He could burn his back on the screen. You need to move the branch down so HE is atleast 6 inches from the light.

I just moved the branch down about 9". I also raised the cage onto a different table that is a foot and a half taller.
I don't know why its red, the guy at the petstore I bought it from gave me a new red light and told me that was a good thing to use. I'll switch it out with a white one.

Yea man. An adult sized cage is 24"x24"x48".
I'm sure as soon as you get it your cham will be a lot happier
And less stressed.

I'm gonna go on a mission to find one tomorrow......that really sucks because when I bought him a few months ago one of my first questions was "is the cage big enough, or should I get a bigger one" and the guy at the store said he was fine in the cage he was in. If I had known I would have gotten one on the spot.

Back
Top Bottom