Help!! My chameleon is sick.

Bekahgiddens

Hello! This is my first time ever using this forum. My cham is a female approximately 9 months. It’s my first time with a cham and I was gifted her by a friend who couldn’t take care of her any more. My friend told me she was a male when I first got her. Everything seemed to be fine up until a few weeks ago. She’d been bloated, lethargic and not eating at all. Turns out she was a female and was egg bound. I took her to the vet and they gave me medicine, and she passed her eggs that night, and covered them. This was a few days ago but I’m worried that it was an incomplete lay. Her tummy still looks like it has a few in there. Also,,, reguardless of the eggs, she’s not doing well at all. To me it looks like she has early signs of MBD, and she still is very lethargic and has sunken in eyes. I use a tropical exoterra 5.0 lamp. Just recently found out I was using the wrong supplements, and need help with getting the correct ones.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 92
Ok. So just to make sure there is nothing else that needs to be changed, (as well as supplements) if you want you could fill o this form (below) so you can correct any husbandry issues you may have.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

My Cham is about a 9 month old female who I’ve had for just a few months now. I don’t handle her too much because it stresses her out. I feed her gutloaded waxworms, superworms, crickets, hornworms and a little bit of strawberry. She doesn’t eat too many greens except her pothos plant I have in her cage. Temp and humidity levels are normal. She used to be by a vent but I’ve since moved her. She hasn’t pooped in so long but the last time she did it was gray and watery. (Before she layed her eggs.) she’s eaten 2 super worms since then but that’s it. I use exoterra tropical uvb bulb and she’s placed in front of a window. I live in Georgia.

My Cham is about a 9 month old female who I’ve had for just a few months now. I don’t handle her too much because it stresses her out. I feed her gutloaded waxworms, superworms, crickets, hornworms and a little bit of strawberry. She doesn’t eat too many greens except her pothos plant I have in her cage. Temp and humidity levels are normal. She used to be by a vent but I’ve since moved her. She hasn’t pooped in so long but the last time she did it was gray and watery. (Before she layed her eggs.) she’s eaten 2 super worms since then but that’s it. I use exoterra tropical uvb bulb and she’s placed in front of a window. I live in Georgia.

We need specifics in order to help you. This is exactly why we send people that list of questions...the devil is in the details. When you say "temp, humidity levels are normal" that doesn't help much. Measure the actual levels and tell us what they are and how much they change during the day/night. How long have you used that UVB bulb? They don't emit UV forever. What do you feed your feeders? Be specific...nutrition is a matter of details. Do you dust her feeders with any supplements? What brands and how often?

Hello! This is my first time ever using this forum. My cham is a female approximately 9 months. It’s my first time with a cham and I was gifted her by a friend who couldn’t take care of her any more. My friend told me she was a male when I first got her. Everything seemed to be fine up until a few weeks ago. She’d been bloated, lethargic and not eating at all. Turns out she was a female and was egg bound. I took her to the vet and they gave me medicine, and she passed her eggs that night, and covered them. This was a few days ago but I’m worried that it was an incomplete lay. Her tummy still looks like it has a few in there. Also,,, reguardless of the eggs, she’s not doing well at all. To me it looks like she has early signs of MBD, and she still is very lethargic and has sunken in eyes. I use a tropical exoterra 5.0 lamp. Just recently found out I was using the wrong supplements, and need help with getting the correct ones.
In the original picture there are strawberries in her bowl you no you need to be feeding her insects right?
also for us to help you we need you to fill out the form so we know the specifics.

Back
Top Bottom