help! my chameleon is sick!

PLEASE HELP! My chameleon is doing the same thing. He's a veiled and he has the same type of cage and I feed him crickets and meal worms but I haven't seen him eat any recently. He's sluggish and sleepy and he seems tired. He's stayed towards the bottom of the cage which isn't normal for him. He's always up and climbing around. Please help! He's just a little baby and he can't be dying! I've done everything right!

PLEASE HELP! My chameleon is doing the same thing. He's a veiled and he has the same type of cage and I feed him crickets and meal worms but I haven't seen him eat any recently. He's sluggish and sleepy and he seems tired. He's stayed towards the bottom of the cage which isn't normal for him. He's always up and climbing around. Please help! He's just a little baby and he can't be dying! I've done everything right!

You need to start your own post in the Health Clinic and complete the questions so that some of the experienced keepers can help you. Pics are always good to post as well.

Help! i think my chameleon is sick!

she is a veiled chameleon about 2 years old
don't handle her a lot and i feed her crickets
i take her to the tap to drink and i mist her cage daily

the problem is that she is very weak, and her grip is so weak. she is lightly coloured by herself but she is darker when i pick her up. her eyes are very slugish and are closed most of the time. she wont stay on any of the branches in her cage. she is not thin or plump either.
plz help

Please post a recent photo of her and answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread at the top of the health forum so we can help you better.

Does she have a place to dig to show you when she needs to lay eggs?

I've read that thread and while it is fascinating, I do not think it pertains to your situation. Captive chameleons kept indoors don't have a period of brumation like a bearded dragon would. Your girl is not going to sleep on a branch for three months. They were talking about them eating less and less activity, but I have never heard of daytime sleeping or sluggish behavior being attributed to brumation in female veileds. If you fill out the "How to ask for help" questionaire hopefully we can figue out what is going on with your girl!

Back
Top Bottom