Help my cham won’t drink

Cage is way too small, get a minimum of 2’ by 2’ by 4’ tall cage, preferably screen. Get either a t5HO or T8 linear uvb bulb and fixture (use a Zoo Med 10.0 uvb bulb for a 2’ by 2’ by 4’ tall cage)

Cage is way too small, get a minimum of 2’ by 2’ by 4’ tall cage, preferably screen. Get either a t5HO or T8 linear uvb bulb and fixture (use a Zoo Med 10.0 uvb bulb for a 2’ by 2’ by 4’ tall cage)
yes planing on gettin him a new cage soon just want to make sure he’s drinking before I purchase one

Do I need a whole new fixture or can I just get a 10.0 uvb bulb for the fixture I have now

Do I need a whole new fixture or can I just get a 10.0 uvb bulb for the fixture I have now
Whole new fixture, what you currently have is a compact coil uvb. They don’t emitt enough uvb and can hurt your cham’s eyes. You can keep that same fixture for the basking bulb, though

Whole new fixture, what you currently have is a compact coil uvb. They don’t emitt enough uvb and can hurt your cham’s eyes. You can keep that same fixture for the basking bulb, though
Is it possible to make a small list of the fixture and lights I would need? Trying to find some now but gettin a bunch of results

Is it possible to make a small list of the fixture and lights I would need? Trying to find some now but gettin a bunch of results
Get a 2’ by 2’ by 4’ tall screen cage or bigger, an XL Zoo Med Reptibreeze is only $99. For that size cage (the XL ReptiBreeze), I’d recommend getting a t5HO light fixture, and make sure to get a Zoo Med 10.0 linear uvb bulb to go with it. Have a white light heat bulb for basking in a regular dome fixture (what you have now)

Get a 2’ by 2’ by 4’ tall screen cage or bigger, an XL Zoo Med Reptibreeze is only $99. For that size cage (the XL ReptiBreeze), I’d recommend getting a t5HO light fixture, and make sure to get a Zoo Med 10.0 linear uvb bulb to go with it. Have a white light heat bulb for basking in a regular dome fixture (what you have now)
Make sure the Zoo Med 10.0 linear uvb bulb is also a t5HO bulb

Will I have enough room to put a baskin light on top of the cage if I have the other light fixture across?

Make sure the fixture and bulb are the same length, get them at least 24” long, I use 36” for my XL ReptiBreezes so I can place them diagonally. You can also use 30” or 48”

H
how do I tell if it’s a t5H0 bulb? And would these be good?

Attachments

• D2D91411-BCC2-44CD-A3F6-507A05BA51ED.png
    D2D91411-BCC2-44CD-A3F6-507A05BA51ED.png
    379.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 0F13DAD6-EBA6-4036-91BC-96CD604F3352.png
    0F13DAD6-EBA6-4036-91BC-96CD604F3352.png
    536.1 KB · Views: 63
And will I need a 100w baskin light if I go with a screen terrarium, winters cold in Canada Lol I’m worried about it gettin to cold and not enough humidity

And will I need a 100w baskin light if I go with a screen terrarium, winters cold in Canada Lol I’m worried about it gettin to cold and not enough humidity
Wrap 3 sides of the screen with either PVC paneling or painters plastic. Get a digital temp gun and measure temps and play with the light bulb wattages until you get the right temp. The veiled care sheet here has proper temps for your sex and age of cham

Wrap 3 sides of the screen with either PVC paneling or painters plastic. Get a digital temp gun and measure temps and play with the light bulb wattages until you get the right temp. The veiled care sheet here has proper temps for your sex and age of cham
Perfect, currently using a glass tank, would it be ok to just get a bigger one? Or should I i go with a screen

Perfect, currently using a glass tank, would it be ok to just get a bigger one? Or should I i go with a screen
Screen cages are super cheap compared to glass ones and much easier to order online but if you have the money I don't see why you couldn't buy glass. Just make sure it has enough air flow

Unless you custom order, glass tanks (like Exo Terras or Zoo Meds) don’t come big enough, plus they’re insanely expensive. Screen is cheaper, easier to ship, and can be modified to hold in humidity. You can’t modify a glass tank to have more airflow

Back
Top Bottom