HELP, my 4month veiled cham ate ladybugs

Zoeb

Help, my 4month old male veiled cham just ate 2 ladybugs before we could catch them in the house.

I know they are toxic, will he die? Is there anything i can do?

Last edited:
Until someone with better knowledge chimes in....

I would assume that when people keep their chams outside, they occasionally eat ladybugs. I used to keep my veildes and jackon outside all summer long in home made 1/4" screen. They had to of eaten a few here and there. I wouldn't intentionally feed them but their toxicity is mild. Im just saying... don't freak out yet.

In the Chameleon Feeder Project group on Facebook, I saw someone get ladybugs to feed to their cham. I didn’t realize they were toxic

In the Chameleon Feeder Project group on Facebook, I saw someone get ladybugs to feed to their cham. I didn’t realize they were toxic
it is possible that they are not toxic to reptiles but are to mammals. Umbrella tree is toxic to dogs and cats but veildes eat it like lettuce.

Last edited:
Ladybugs are not poisonous or toxic. They are not a "good" feeder and can give reptiles an upset stomach. Plenty beardies accidentally eat them every year, no vet trips, most of the time not even irregular poop, only irregular owners.

That being said, if you are in firefly country, it only takes 1-2 to take a 1 pound lizard out. So those are definitely poisonous.

Back
Top Bottom