Help me with my Madagascar hissing roaches

Jwillchamel

Established Member
I have my hissers in a bit i came to check today and found something weird please help me identify i have Halloween hissers and Madagascar hissers in same bin ill post pic of what i found

20170317_160632.jpg 20170317_160626.jpg

Don't throw it out, that's from one of your females and it should hatch and you'll have baby Roaches!

It's and ejected oothe and is not viable. You should separate the 2 varieties of hissers, to ensure they do not interbreed, if you want to have pure lines. I'm not positive on that, nut many roaches in the same genus can interbreed and create hybrids. Halloween hissers are the better feeder.

Mine did the exact same thing yesterday, I read up as I thought they gave birth to live young, from what I read the egg sac is sometimes pushed out and drawn back in and the babies will hatch inside her then emerge , sometimes they drop the egg sac completely due to stress or incorrect conditions, I read that these don't or seldom hatch, so need to find out why mine Is possibly not right, mine extended it then drew it back, she did not drop it, I am totally happy to be corrected on this as this is just what I read and I know there's some serious roach keepers out there who no doubt will help and correct.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    278.5 KB · Views: 110
Back
Top Bottom