Help me to sexing my 3 month old panther chameleon

Let me preface this with the fact that I am very new to chameleons so please take what I say with a grain of salt... or many >.>
(Also, I apologize if I caused confusion by editing this post after doing more research I changed my mind)

I'd say your panther is a female because the tail doesn't flow evenly from the body. What I'm trying to say is that there appears to be a little divot. Also, your cham's stripe down her side is broken up. My guess is based mainly off of photo 1

Last edited:
Let me preface this with the fact that I am very new to chameleons so please take what I say with a grain of salt... or many >.>
(Also, I apologize if I caused confusion by editing this post after doing more research I changed my mind)

I'd say your panther is a female because the tail doesn't flow evenly from the body. What I'm trying to say is that there appears to be a little divot. Also, your cham's stripe down her side is broken up. My guess is based mainly off of photo 1

Thank you for your answer , i think one of panther is a female also. but when i bought it from pets store they said 2 male .

if it is really really female, thanks God :D it's gonna be my lucky day :D

I'm not an expert either, however I'm leaning male based one tail thickness, and the coloration in the last pic.

From what i've read and seen. Females tales for panthers tend to be evenly round all the way back and thinner at the base. When the tail is more larger to start and tappers more. It tend to be a male.

Also in photo two, it somewhat looks like a bulge from the base to the first horizontal black/brown marking.

I'd guess it was a male. Also, the coloring looks like a male for sure in the 3rd picture.

http://www.muchadoaboutchameleons.com/2013/04/male-or-female-how-to-sex-baby-panther.html

Thank you for your answer , i think one of panther is a female also. but when i bought it from pets store they said 2 male .

if it is really really female, thanks God :D it's gonna be my lucky day :D

Well darn, my first instinct was right after all, I shouldn't have doubted myself. Apologies if I at all got your hopes up, looks like I need to hit the chameleon books again :notworthy:

Back
Top Bottom