Help me please

Jd3nn21

I have a serious question about my chameleon because i think he's having stunted growth. I have a lot of superworms that crawl around the cage each day, but hes not eating them, hes going on strike currently. I try crickets but i just can't do them, both the worms and the crickets wont stay in the bowl, or on the tree i have, and they just crawl around everywhere. I usually see him eat every day, but i havnt watched him eat in 2 weeks. there are a ton of fruit flies in the cage and he does eat those, ive seen him eat like two each day, however thats barely enough for my baby, and he does not eat anything i put in there. Also my chameleon is currently not going to bed and it's two hours past his bedtime.

Have you ever gotten a fecal float done at the vet? Stunted growth & lack of appetite are both signs of parasites.

You said..."Also my chameleon is currently not going to bed and it's two hours past his bedtime"... No lights on at night? Room lights on at night? Temperatures allowed to drop?

Sleeping during the day at all?

Insects proper sizes?

You said..."Also my chameleon is currently not going to bed and it's two hours past his bedtime"... No lights on at night? Room lights on at night? Temperatures allowed to drop?

Sleeping during the day at all?

Insects proper sizes?
No he is not. and what do you mean about proper sizes

So I was in the process of going over everything with you last month in this thread you posted. But you never came back and answered my other questions. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/new-baby-need-help.184185/

Hopefully you made the changes I suggested then.

If you are feeding insects that are too large or too small for baby like fruit flies than it is not going to eat them. Did you not get a feeder run?
Yes I changed everything u told me to, and I dont know what a feeder run is

I just went and checked your first thread on sept 1st. Your Cham looks very small. You could feed it some bsfl, small crickets like 3 week size, small Dubia roaches, all lightly dusted with calcium and it should eat. The only other thing I can say is there isn’t much foliage for your little one to hide in so it may feel scared and stressed. Baby chams rely on leaves to hide in so predators don’t get them. A feeder run looks like this https://www.fullthrottlefeeders.com/ you can actually make one yourself with a soda bottle and some drawer liner. Just search on here diy feeder run.

Back
Top Bottom