Help me, please

Hello friends. I explain on the subject. I have my furcifer pardalis that is on its way to 6 years old. And in my area I do not have trusted veterinarians, apart from being very old. It turns out that since last summer, more or less, it started to come out as a kind of inflammation in the chin, as a result, over time, the little side of the lower jaw began to open up. I do not know what it could be. Maybe it's something that can not be fixed or maybe yes. I know many of you are more expert than me, and you may know what it is. I would be very grateful for Mou, my chameleon. Then I leave a photo of now (I was sleeping lol). Thank you very much for the help in advance and greetings
IMG_20180122_223622.jpg

Oh yeah I see that little growth there. It could be a number of things, and you can't really know for sure. If it were me, I probably would go on a little road trip and drive him to the nearest exotics veterinarian. This site is great and all, but it really can't effectively diagnose a potentially serious health issue. The vet is going to be your best option imho :)

Might be an infection/mouth rot. If it is it really needs to be cleaned out by a good exotics vet and the chameleon put on antibiotics. A culture and sensitivity test can determine the bacteria involved so the right antibiotic can be used. The usual bacteria is pseudomonas aeriginosa (sp?).
You've done well to get him to that age!

I'd say welcome to the Forums, but looks like you've been here for quite a while :D.

Here's a reptile vet I found that could be near you...

http://members.arav.org/members/?id=36548917

Not sure if you are close to this one, but that's all I could find.

Could you post a few more pictures from different angles? Since you say the issue has been there since last summer I would think it will keep getting worse if not treated. It could be a cyst that is causing the inflammation. That's just a guess though.

I hope Mou is feeling better soon!

Thank you very much everyone for the help. I would also say that it is an infection type. Unfortunately that veterinarian is something far ... :( And yes, I've been in this forum for a few years, it's a great forum :) I leave some photos that I just did
IMG_20180123_101026_HDR.jpg IMG_20180123_101007.jpg IMG_20180123_101014_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Please, it's bigger. He is six years old. Do you think something will be solved by a veterinarian? I see it very old ... Six years is a lot for a pardalis

Hello friends. I explain on the subject. I have my furcifer pardalis that is on its way to 6 years old. And in my area I do not have trusted veterinarians, apart from being very old. It turns out that since last summer, more or less, it started to come out as a kind of inflammation in the chin, as a result, over time, the little side of the lower jaw began to open up. I do not know what it could be. Maybe it's something that can not be fixed or maybe yes. I know many of you are more expert than me, and you may know what it is. I would be very grateful for Mou, my chameleon. Then I leave a photo of now (I was sleeping lol). Thank you very much for the help in advance and greetings
View attachment 198653
try filling this up

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

You mean it's not worth trying something?
No but six years for a chameleon is old, and I am not saying you shouldn't try, but don't get get your hopes up. I've lost a lot of pets and it's hard. Always expect the worst and if it goes wrong your prepared if it doesn't you get a happy surprise.

If I were you, I would only give up when I know for a fact its over. I agree that six years is old for a chameleon, but don't give up hope. Sometimes they actually pull through, and you get to be happy about the fact that you tried. Good luck with everything.

“Assume the worst” is a completely unacceptable attitude. You should never assume everything will be fine, but you should still try to do everything you can to make your chameleon comfortable and give them a chance to have as long a life as possible. Chameleon husbandry is no place for fatalism.

“Assume the worst” is a completely unacceptable attitude. You should never assume everything will be fine, but you should still try to do everything you can to make your chameleon comfortable and give them a chance to have as long a life as possible. Chameleon husbandry is no place for fatalism.
You know maybe you should concentrate on yourself instead of constantly telling other people they're wrong, it might make help make people like you. You know I bet your harsh because you've been in this position of being wrong and having someone criticize your every mistake. Second of all I didn't say " give up and go home, your chameleon is lost cause" I just said it might be time. That way if it does happen it isn't a awful surprise. Stop being a jerk to people who are new to chameleons. It isn't easy, and nothing ever goes perfectly as planned. Even if you did hours of studying chameleons you still can't tell someone exactly how they're going to react. All chameleons are different something that works for one might not work for the other.

Thank you very much to all. I'm not new to this, I have a blog about chameleons in Spanish. What if it is true that there are things about health that escape my knowledge. Regarding the subject, I bring news. The other day I noticed his mouth and I noticed that he had split the central tooth of the lower jaw, and some inflamed and white mouth tissue. I took him to the vet, very kind he confirmed everything. By having that broken tooth, it could be that the chew entered the skin and inflamed it even more. In principle you can make normal life, I am simply waiting for you to tell me an antibiotic ointment that does not hurt you and can reduce inflammation. I'm waiting for you to call me for the ointment. You know some antibiotic ointment that can not hurt you if you swallow a little?

Thank you very much to all. I'm not new to this, I have a blog about chameleons in Spanish. What if it is true that there are things about health that escape my knowledge. Regarding the subject, I bring news. The other day I noticed his mouth and I noticed that he had split the central tooth of the lower jaw, and some inflamed and white mouth tissue. I took him to the vet, very kind he confirmed everything. By having that broken tooth, it could be that the chew entered the skin and inflamed it even more. In principle you can make normal life, I am simply waiting for you to tell me an antibiotic ointment that does not hurt you and can reduce inflammation. I'm waiting for you to call me for the ointment. You know some antibiotic ointment that can not hurt you if you swallow a little?

The vet should give you any ointment or antibiotic that is necessary. Is it a reptile/exotic vet?

The vet should give you any ointment or antibiotic that is necessary. Is it a reptile/exotic vet?
Yes, he is a veterinarian with many years of experience in all kinds of animals. You are looking for an antibiotic that does not affect you if the chameleon ingests a little

I have seen something like this on a leopard gecko and it was a small tumerous growth that was removed.im not 100% sure though im only a newbie to chameleons. Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom