Help me place my spider plant?

Dawson

Hello everyone! I’m having a hard time figuring out where I should place my spider plant, any suggestions?

the first photo is my current enclosure, I do have two center piece plants (a tall schefflera and a medium sized dracena marginata)

the last photo is the spider plant that i have no idea where to put. I was thinking maybe along the back twoards the left or middle? Dont want to put it directly under the heat lamp incase it will just crisp up. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 151
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 148
Yes! Back right will look good! I am planning on re-doing banjos cage as well. I’m just waiting for it to warm up so he can hangout outside while I do it lol

I almost bought the same plant with the red and green! (I’m bad with plant names) lol. You make me want to go back and get it!

please post pics when you’re done! 😊

Yes! Back right will look good! I am planning on re-doing banjos cage as well. I’m just waiting for it to warm up so he can hangout outside while I do it lol

I almost bought the same plant with the red and green! (I’m bad with plant names) lol. You make me want to go back and get it!

please post pics when you’re done! 😊
That is a dracaena. Specific type I can’t tell you...there’s many variations. :)

For that size enclosure, I'd try to stick to one centerpiece plant unless both are very skinny and tall, and/or their respective "bushiness" is at different levels so they don't crowd each other (block light).

The spider plant is second tier (trailing), so diagonal from a single offset centerpiece plant or between 2 centerpieces that are toward the outsides & front or back.

Looks like you've read https://chameleonacademy.com/plants/ but maybe read it again. I had to read it several times to sink in.

It's easy to get over-ambitious with plants; I've done it myself, and I'm looking at getting rid of one or two now because they're blocking light from others. :)

Wanted to ask the question here instead of creating an entirely new thread. Are spider plants safe for veiled's?

I've had the best luck with spider plants when they weren't directly under the lights, but instead were shaded by other plants just a touch. So I put my pothos a little higher, and let them shade the spider plants. Also, when the pup out (sprout that fireworks looking bush), you can clip that off and put it in water to develop roots and then pot it, or you can just pot it directly, whichever works best for you.

I've had the best luck with spider plants when they weren't directly under the lights, but instead were shaded by other plants just a touch. So I put my pothos a little higher, and let them shade the spider plants. Also, when the pup out (sprout that fireworks looking bush), you can clip that off and put it in water to develop roots and then pot it, or you can just pot it directly, whichever works best for you.
Thanks! :D (y)

Wanted to ask the question here instead of creating an entirely new thread. Are spider plants safe for veiled's?
Yup theres some website that has a giant list of plants for chameleons. Just google “safe plant list for chameleons” i think its on flchams website

Yup theres some website that has a giant list of plants for chameleons. Just google “safe plant list for chameleons” i think its on flchams website
FL Chams‘ list is actually dog and cat tested, not cham tested. These two images, as well as the plants module of The Chameleon Academy website, have veiled-tested chameleon-safe plant lists!

Attachments

• AA3AB99C-5E76-42EB-9A16-FB39CFEA51AD.jpeg
    AA3AB99C-5E76-42EB-9A16-FB39CFEA51AD.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 574
  • 98E70BB5-21F9-4E64-B1A3-7C8287BAE040.jpeg
    98E70BB5-21F9-4E64-B1A3-7C8287BAE040.jpeg
    254.8 KB · Views: 94
Back
Top Bottom