Help me out

Madgreek19

What up forum. I had Mugen, a 6.5 month old male ambanja from sublimexotics (Texasranger), for 3-4 months now and hes doing great (knock on wood). I hand feed and free range his feeders. He started off eating crickets then to dubias along with the occasional wax/super worm. My problem now is he wont go after anything else but superworms. Ill offer him crickets and dubias and let them go about in his cage but he wont budge but once i pull out a super worm he pops up like a bat outta hell. I dont want him to starve. I throw 5 dubias and 5 crickets in his cage after feeding him the worms. Not sure if hes eating them or what but Texasranger said to still offer him both which i trust his opinion he is a really cool guy and knows his stuff but I just wanted to hear other peoples comments and if they had the same problem and how they over came it. Also how much should a came of his age be eating? Iv just been feeding him until he stops^^

Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_0225.jpg
    IMG_0225.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0226.jpg
    IMG_0226.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0228.jpg
    IMG_0228.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 130
What up forum. I had Mugen, a 6.5 month old male ambanja from sublimexotics (Texasranger), for 3-4 months now and hes doing great (knock on wood). I hand feed and free range his feeders. He started off eating crickets then to dubias along with the occasional wax/super worm. My problem now is he wont go after anything else but superworms. Ill offer him crickets and dubias and let them go about in his cage but he wont budge but once i pull out a super worm he pops up like a bat outta hell. I dont want him to starve. I throw 5 dubias and 5 crickets in his cage after feeding him the worms. Not sure if hes eating them or what but Texasranger said to still offer him both which i trust his opinion he is a really cool guy and knows his stuff but I just wanted to hear other peoples comments and if they had the same problem and how they over came it. Also how much should a came of his age be eating? Iv just been feeding him until he stops^^

Thanks!!

If you are offering him crickets & dubia after the worms, how can you not be sure whether he is eating them or not? If you contain the feeders in something, you could monitor exactly what he is eating and how long it is taking him. Search the threads here for info on cup feeding.
Also, what are you using to gutload the supers with, and what kind of supplement regimen do you have him on? I've heard of different chams going on "food strikes" before, and have heard many people say that flying insects are a sure cure to get your cham focused on some other types of food- so you might want to try house flies, or blue bottle flies - both of which I believe are available through site sponsors here on CF. Good luck with your picky eater, hopefully trying a few new things in his diet will snap him out of it.

when my guy did this with superworms, I had to COMPLETELY stop the super worms and keep trying with crickets until hes hungry enough to take them. This may be different with your cham though. Try feeding him silk worms. Those, I have found, to be the best worm for your cham

And if you are going to continue giving him worms, you should at least try to give him the crickets/dubia before the worms. The crickets and dubia are more important in chameleon diet, in my opinion.

id be very careful if your feeding him supers only that has potential to cause some problems with chitin buildup in the organs, id suggest that you take him off everything for a while day then re introduce either the dubias or the crickets

Back
Top Bottom