Help me out ?

Mardyen96

Okay lately for the past 2 days and half my chameleon has been having her mouth open.??? Also, I'm new to this and I haven't been really wondering if I am doing anything wrong, cause everything seems to be okay till I noticed her mouth has been a bit open and I wanted to know if you guys can also help me by telling me if I'm doing anything wrong with, lighting, food, temperature, anything ??

P.s
At the moment I do not but soon will have a mister or frogger.

How old is she? Is it only open when she's in the basking area? Does she have a place to dig in her cage in case she has eggs assuming it's a veiled? Is there any bubbling mucus in her mouth? Noise when she breaths?
Just a bit open? What specific supplements do you use and how often for each? What do you feed/gutload the insects with?

Please post some recent photos too.

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, I read something about this and read that they do that to regulate there body temperature if they get to hot. But don't quote me. I just read this somewhere bc my veiled chameleon Calcifer will do the same sometimes. Not often but he's done it. He even did it today so I hope you can get some more advice! Good luck! (y)

That just means your basking area is too hot, make sure it is atleast 6 inches below your light, and your basking spot is between 85 - 95F. She could also be gravid, i dont know too much about that though, might want to ask someone that keeps female veileds.

Age of the veiled? Picture of her and cage? Can be many reason she is on the ground....if she is ready to lay the laying bin will be required.....how are the temperature inside the cage ? Basking spot and the other tempature else where....need more of the info to suggest u more of my answer.

Back
Top Bottom