Help me help him.

I think he looks good, don't worry so much. Just get his set up right and see what happens. At least he doesn't have MBD or anything serious. He'll come around to eating and it may take a week, but he'll be fine since he's not a juvi. You're doing good!

I think you should just worry about proper husbandry and everything will fall in place. Don't compare him to your female. Yet, anyway. Wait until you've given him a few months and then see. In the meantime, if you want to take him to a vet to make sure he doesn't have any issues internally, it might be a good idea.

Good luck!

Like I said in a previous post:
I already have a vet appt. scheduled for him.

I am focusing on husbandry at this point. I will stop being concerned about comparing him to my female.
I will have to wait a few more pay days before I can get him a mistking, but I will mist him twice a day and keep the dripper going.

Last edited:
He's really small shouldn't he be larger than a female younger than him?

If he didn't have the proper care while growing, then it's possible that he won't be as big. Also there is a possibility that he was a runt. Chams grow their entire life, so get him on the right track and he'll start growing.

If it is any help to you my adult male veiled eat like a champ and is still what I call slim. He has always been fairly slim but seems to be in excellent health. Your guy looks good and is lucky you are going to provide a good home. He will be fine with proper climbing and basking areas. you already that the vet covered so try to relax and enjoy him.

Last edited:
If it is any help to you my adult male veiled eat like a champ and is still what I call slim. He has always been fairly slim but seems to be in excellent health. Your guy looks good and is lucky you are going to provide a good home. He will be fine with proper climbing and basking areas. you already that the vet covered so try to relax and enjoy him.

That actually does relieve me a bit. He has plenty of basking/ climbing places now he has almost 30 feet of vine now plus a ficus. He seemed to enjoy looking around his new digs yesterday evening.

I think its great you took him. 16 is too young to be the primary caretaker for a cham. Jmo, im sure there are some that are mature enuff, but most aren't. As for your temp cage. Are you sure he can't get his feet stuck on that duct tape? I would get that fixed asap. He could lose toenails or worse get skin ripped off. Then u might be talking an infection. Otherwise i think your on the right track. If you have that taken care of just ignore this post.

i agree mine is a 7 week old and it took him a while to catch on.at first he was so thin I COULD count his ribs ,i also think to pet shop owner was giving him black crix size 4 which is way to big he would'nt eat them and then i tried mealworms they are great and u can get the big and small also they are very cheap lmao lil vinny gets so excited over them he even eats them of my hand ;):cool::p

His permanent cage has been ordered just waiting for it to arrive. I know he cannot get suck to the duct tape,and its only there to keep the front screen on as I was designing this to be a free range. I was concerned about using it but had no other way of closing the "door"

Yeah your right they can cause impaction if you feed too many of them. He needs to mix up his feeders and use crix, roaches, worms, flies, etc.. And hes in the UK so he can get Mantids and locusts. Dude get some variety for that guy and he will fill out fast. And don't forget to gutload before you feed them out.

It`s so nice of you to adopt the little fellow and you`re obviously really committed to helping him. I really hope the vet visit goes well for you both.

Are you sure he can't get his feet stuck on that duct tape? I would get that fixed asap. He could lose toenails or worse get skin ripped off. Then u might be talking an infection.

I'm proud to announce that he is now duct tape free!
190422.jpg

Has a mister installed! (Mist'r Lizard)
190433.jpg

And was last seen hanging out in his new new digs.
190500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom