Help me age this Jackson

Hey guys, so I am really interested in this Jackson's chameleon but i wanted to see if anyone can help me estimate its age as it is wc and the local pet store owner doesn't know its age. I am really hoping its about 8-10 months or less and not an adult yet, thanks!

oops, forgot to post the pic :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 151
nice one forgetting to post it :p
how large is it, hard to get a scale. with the colors it looks somewhere around 10 months though

hmm

Well how many inches is he? That could help to guess I'm not sure though yours looks like it might be a little bigger then mine but post how big he is! If I guessed about 12 months he is a fine looking guy.

I am going back to the pet store tomorrow so i'll try and get a better measure but if i remember correctly its body, from nose to base of tail, was about 5 inches so i'm assuming he's around 10 inches total length. I zoomed in a lot on my camera so thats maybe why he looks much bigger in the pic. SN- the store also has a beautiful panther in the cage to the left so maybe ill get a pic of it tomorrow, it is a lot bigger than the jackson tho

hmmm

Ya thats about the size of mine then mine is probaly about 10 or 11 months now soo that around where your is do you have a cage set up for him yet?

My guess would be sub adult to young adult.

I really hope your right, i want to get him while he's still in his "teen-adult" years lol. I am probably going to pick him up tomorrow morning cuz he is just to good to pass up while I am down here in Miam. And Rasta, yes I have an enclosure set up with everything and ready for him to move in as soon as i scoop him up :) Thanks for the comments guys, I'll put up some more pics when i get him tomorrow!

I would say he is full grown by the looks of him and am guessing around 12 to 14 months old. He looks good. I have 3 females myself with 1 ready to drop babies any day now. Check for a STRONG grip,nice full eyes(not sunken in) and I like mine to have ALL there nails. The nails is not as important as the other 2. I also suggest if you don't already have a cool mist humidifer you pick 1 up as they LOVE them. Unlike most here I am a sucker for jacksons and just love the little dinosaurs :D
Good luck and keep us posted.

I also suggest if you don't already have a cool mist humidifer you pick 1 up as they LOVE them. Unlike most here I am a sucker for jacksons and just love the little dinosaurs :D
Good luck and keep us posted.

Yea i was going to look into that since they seem to prefer higher levels of humidity, and Jackson's are also my favorite because they look so prehistoric and boss with their horns lol, good luck with your chameleon and its babies!

i would say about 50Y

....good contribution....:cool:

Sorry to say he looks like he is 10 months 3 weeks and 4 days old :p

All joking aside he is a looker I would have a hard time passing him up!

No he definitely wasn't sleeping and looked to be in great health and eating crickets like a champ, I was standing by the cage observing him for like 45 minutes haha...and Jessica believe me I almost bought him on the spot but i wanted to go home and set up his home first

Got him!

Soo i went first thing this morning to pick up my new jackson chameleon! I fed him a few hornworms already but he didn't seem interested in crickets. Not sure of a name yet, might go with Hornelius but sounds a little cheesy lol... Anyways, maybe some of these pics can give a better idea of how many months he is

Attachments

• IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 86
hes at around 10-14 months old, and would be a good breeder..he looks to be acclimating very well in his new home.

Does he keep track of the days on the calendar behind his enclosure? Sorry couldnt help notice it in the background.

Good looking Jackson.

Does he keep track of the days on the calendar behind his enclosure? Sorry couldnt help notice it in the background.

Good looking Jackson.

haha yea i see him checking it out every once in a while, but thats what i use to keep track of supplements and feeding :D

Back
Top Bottom