Help! Leopard Gecko in dire Straits

andrearamirezo91

Avid Member
Hello everybody!

I know this is a chameleon forum but since we're reptile lovers I figured maybe someone here would be interested or would know someone that is. Mods I'm sorry if this is not an appropriate thing to post here since its not chameleon related, but I thought I'd give it a try...

My friend was renting out his apartment to a group of people and now that their lease is over they have moved out. Well it turns out they left behind a poor beautiful leopard gecko. I saw him and felt terrible for him. His tail is as skinny as a lizard's tail, one of his eyes is partially closed. He is shedding and might be the reason why he cant fully open his eye. The cage looks like it hasn't been cleaned in months and who knows when's the last time he had a drink of water, or a meal. I poured some water in his enclosure and as soon as he saw my hand go in he ran out to see what I was gonna dump in there for him. He's beautiful, sweet, and surprisingly friendly.

I really cannot bring him to my house and my friend is TERRIBLE with animals. My mom almost kicked me out when I came home with the chameleon, since I already own two cats. If I bring another animal to my house she'll lose it.

We will give him away for free to a good home. He really needs someone to take him asap. We're in the Fort Lauderdale area and I'll be willing to drive a little if necessary as long as it means this little guy will get a second chance at living a good life.

PLEASE, if you are interested or know anyone that is, let me know.

I will post pics of him as soon as I get a chance. He comes with a nice enclosure with a bunch of plants, heat pad, light bulb, and probably everything that he needs already. He just needs a good home and a loving family now. :(

Here’s the pic my friend just sent me... anyone? :(
07BC2987-4CE9-4442-9B3F-4869DC300684.jpeg

I would be more than happy to take him in but I am no where close to the florida area... In the mean time keep a water dish in the enclosure and feed him some superworms. He is really skinny.... The tail should be as thick as their head.

You can try posting on craigslist for your area or even facebook.

I would be more than happy to take him in but I am no where close to the florida area... In the mean time keep a water dish in the enclosure and feed him some superworms. He is really skinny.... The tail should be as thick as their head.

You can try posting on craigslist for your area or even facebook.

Ohh man, my heart jumped with excitement for a second when I started reading your post lol. I had a gecko in the past and like you said his tail is not even close to what a healthy gecko's should be looking like. I did just open a post on craigslist. I do however prefer someone from here since I know it'll be someone that loves and cares for reptiles. I guess now I just gotta wait and see who wants to take him in :unsure:

They are a resilient species. My brother had one that got lost in his house 15 years ago. It went missing for 6 months before he found it. She did not look the greatest, but gave it to my son. That little lady is STILL alive today!

Back
Top Bottom