Help Jackson owners!

Hey guys, I've been a bit worried over my jackson's eating habits lately. When i got him his tongue was hurt and he could barely shoot it more than an inch, but with supplementing and care it healed pretty quickly to near perfect condition. Since shedding about 2 weeks ago, he is only eating 1-2 large crickets a day and won't even look at silk or butterworms. Before he was eating at least 4-5 crickets and a few hornworms. Ive tried feeding him every other day to see if his appetite increases but it's the same thing.

The weird thing is that as soon as I put some crickets in the morning he will quickly eat one, but then I won't see him eat again til late in the day or not at all. He is very active and hydrated throughout the day, and his eyes, tail, and mouth look perfectly healthy. So my question(s) is this normal eating habits for an 11 month old jackson or can this be due to the shedding still or is it a bigger problem? The pic is from today btw, thanks for any help!!

As longas he is drinking good I would chalkit up to the shed. Sum days my jaxs will eat like pigs and sum day they wont at all. Mine almost always eat when I turn there lights on in the morning. They love a good breakfest:D

At this age he's just about full grown and his growth rate has dropped off a lot. Now that he's caught up some body condition after his tongue issues he may not eat all that much every day. Most adult chams do fine being offered food every other day. A little hunger keeps them interested.

I wouldn't worry. If he's active and drinking he'll eat what he needs. I don't feed my Jacksons all that much. I don't feed any of my Chameleons as much as some people say on this board. I do try and feed them as wide a variety of feeders as possible though.

I wouldn't worry. If he's active and drinking he'll eat what he needs. I don't feed my Jacksons all that much. I don't feed any of my Chameleons as much as some people say on this board. I do try and feed them as wide a variety of feeders as possible though.

Yea I wish he would he eat the worms like he used to but he's just not interested in them anymore. I heard Jackson's love anything that fly but its a little difficult for me to get/keep some flies. I guess I'll just continue to offer him food every other day and see how it goes. Heres the pic btw, i guess it didnt upload the first time lol

Attachments

• IMG_0111.jpg
    IMG_0111.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 128
Back when he was eating every day and had tongue problem- Repcal w/o D3 4 times a week, then either repcal with D3 or Reptolife multivitamin every other week and skip feeding him usually on Sunday. Now its pretty much the same, just less days of feeding him. His cage temps range from 70 at bottom of cage to 82-85 in basking spot and I have the reptisun 5.0 uvb. Since he has been drinking water I wasn't too worried but I just thought i'd ask since it has been a few weeks since i've really seen him eat like normal. Thanks for the replies guys

Im a newb but this is what i was told to do for supplementing. Calcium without D3 every or every other feeding. Calcium with D3 once to twice a month. And Multivitamin once to twice a month.

I personally only give d3 and vits once a month to my jacksons. I do give calcium every other feeding and do well. Jacksons don't need as much sup as panthers and vields IMO.

try some dragon flies and house flies they will excite him enough to eat a little more than usual. as long as he is getting his vitamins and calcium he will be fine after eating them. my jackson goes nuts when i toss in a dragon fly or house fly... moves quickly to catch them!

I'm new to this. Here is the question:
Which multivitamin is a good one? Is the vitamins a powder also, like the calcium?
I was looking for some reptile vitamin and did not found one in petsmart. Maybe they run out but couldn't find one there.

I'm new to this. Here is the question:
Which multivitamin is a good one? Is the vitamins a powder also, like the calcium?
I was looking for some reptile vitamin and did not found one in petsmart. Maybe they run out but couldn't find one there.

Yes I use the powder form, i think they also have spray though. I like the repcal calcium D3 and without D3 but that's the only one i've used. I also use the reptolife multivitamin once a month, you can look online at some of the sponsors on this website, they have a nive variety of supps. :)

Back
Top Bottom