HELP! I lost my panther Chameleon

I decided to put him outside because today was hot and he was shedding. Every once a of a while I check on him but he DISSAPEARED! A lot of skin was in the area where I put him
But no trail? Of skin. Did he get eatened? Because he never goes outside the yard. I did a full search but nothing :( :( :(. Can you give me any tips?

I don't know where you live or what your yard looks like but, when in doubt, look up........They always try for the highest place. Maybe try to tempt him with horn worms; colorful and easy to see.

Chams can disppear FAST! He probably headed for the tallest tree or shrub he could see. You've got to look for him NOW! If its hot he might be attracted to water droplets on a bush. Or, he may be hiding to get out of the sun. You may have better luck finding him at night with a flashlight. Keep looking...they can survive a pretty long time if the weather isn't too cold. Never, never never leave a cham unattended while outdoors!!!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Here is some pics of yard and last saw him

I don't see tall trees/plants in your yard, so chances are good he climbed the fence. I think Carlton's idea of waiting till night time is a good one. He should just about glow, under the light of a flashlight, if he's still around.
Tonight, I would look for the tallest tree just over your fence.

Hope you find him......

You might also look under the top flap of your deck umbrella. My Panther likes hiding under the top of my drapes when he escapes his free range.

But all the other times I put him outside when he climbs my fence he never gets over it or under the fence. He never goes out.
How old is he? The older a juvenile gets, the more adventurous, in my experience. It could be he was getting used to his surroundings, and just more confident.

On another note; are there any birds of prey in your area? A hawk or falcon, perhaps?

aii i dealed with this myself and i would not lose hope if i were you. i catched her in a 15 meter high tree near the top at dusk. you should defenitly check out those small trees behind your fence. you are lucky that the place you live in is not overgrown

There are some birds but they are pretty small. They never come in my yard. Right now I did a search in the trees but nothing :(. He's about 1.5 years old. Today he's shedding but no clues or trails of skin.

Just keep looking, don't give up hope. Best of luck... If you know him you should have a couple of good guesses of where he would go.

Never, never never leave a cham unattended while outdoors!!!

I've said this time and time again to soooooo many people...... With all the stories of lost chams on these threads, why ever risk it?

But all the other times I put him outside when he climbs my fence he never gets over it or under the fence. He never goes out.

Never ever ever underestimate a chameleon. Look in every single plant in your yard. Look on the fence. Look under the fence. Look on BOTH sides of the fence. Check every bush in every neighbor's yard for a few blocks and also check every tree in every neighbor's yard for a few blocks. He couldn't of gone TOO far. As "neils99" said, be glad you aren't in an area that is heavily overgrown with shrubs and trees. A chameleon isn't going to climb the side of a house so it's gotta be on the ground or in one of those bushes or trees. You need to look for it NOW though and don't stop until dark. Please don't just give up hope..... it would take a pretty big bird to eat your chameleon. Just keep on looking. I wish you the best.

That damn bird,keep on searching,u never know he might still be around...look inside that umbrella n every single plant,underside of the chair.....

Back
Top Bottom