Help I dont know if she’s just sleeping or lethargic.

Tivoni

8A2A8C57-C64D-4BF1-BC8D-0F796FA920AA.jpeg

My chameleon Rosemary usually wakes when I grab her. I feel she’s lethargic but maybe she is just sleepy. Not much movement but I moved her legs so she could catch on to my fingers and she would grab them. Her light has been broken for about 3 days and I was unaware ( she is housed in my sons room) I check and water her daily but just today 2:15 am currently. I was a bit frightened. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

It’s not the evening. I had had her moving and alert all day. She has not eaten her horn worm or mealworms. And only drank for me once. Earlier.

Any advice? I got her a new uvb light and blue day light bulb as well

It’s now the evening *!
Hydration and natural morning sunlight if possible, horn worms if he'll eat. look up bill strands veiled chameleon care via the chameleon academy. to be honest he doesn't look good he may be too far gone to treat on your own I would get him to a vet ASAP. im glad you got a uvb source he looks to have early onset of mbd. Can we see his enclosure?

What light has been broken? The uvb or the basking light?
Please post some photos of the cage including the lights.

Also…there might be mouth rot starting…his lip is sticking out funny on the left side new the jaw joint.
How long have you had him?

Also…there might be mouth rot starting…his lip is sticking out funny on the left side new the jaw joint.
Oh God.
Hydration and natural morning sunlight if possible, horn worms if he'll eat. look up bill strands veiled chameleon care via the chameleon academy. to be honest he doesn't look good he may be too far gone to treat on your own I would get him to a vet ASAP. im glad you got a uvb source he looks to have early onset of mbd. Can we see his enclosure?
I’m calling around for a pet hospital. But there aren’t many who take chameleons. Is what has been my issue

You need a long linear UVB light. The compacts or folded over or twisted ones are not good enough for them.
Most often recommended are the long linear Reptisun 5.0 or the Arcadia 6%.

Oh God.
I’m calling around for a pet hospital. But there aren’t many who take chameleons. Is what has been my issue
Where do you live?
marietta Georgia.
I was able to set an appt for tomorrow at 130 but there’s no doctors near me available at this hour is what I keep getting told

I try to keep Rosemary up and alert she does move and grab and shows me he’s alert and sees me

He’s very communicative in his demeanor at least with me
ACDE5E37-BD15-4B44-B972-3BC2A7A20D0D.jpeg

Attachments

• 45ADA738-E8B0-4759-BCEC-476106BFF755.jpeg
    45ADA738-E8B0-4759-BCEC-476106BFF755.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 31
Back
Top Bottom