I wish to know if she's gravid or not
So i could put a cloth around her cage for privacy
I already set-up a laying bin about 7" soil deep in a trash can
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 243
I will guess you have a gravid girl. Can't tell for sure from that picture, but at her age it is very possible. Not a lot more you can do if she has a laying bin ready.

she looks gravid, does she currently have access to the trash can bin? And yes I would cover the cage for privacy

If she hasn't had access to a male and is a virgin, she could just change from receptive colors to nonreceptive colors and not develop eggs. Watch her closely in the next 3-4 weeks, it's pretty easy to tell when a female Panther is gravid, their belly gets pretty lumpy and they start wandering the bottom of the cage. Have a laying bin ready just in case.

If she hasn't had access to a male and is a virgin, she could just change from receptive colors to nonreceptive colors and not develop eggs. Watch her closely in the next 3-4 weeks, it's pretty easy to tell when a female Panther is gravid, their belly gets pretty lumpy and they start wandering the bottom of the cage. Have a laying bin ready just in case.

Female chameleons develop eggs even if they have not been exposed to a male, the eggs are just infertile and they must be provided with a place to lay them or she may become egg bound which can be fatal.

Thank you for all your inputs.
Yes, She's a virgin.

I have already prepared a laying bin inside her enclosure and put a cloth around her cage.
Yesterday, I left her 2 crickets and it is still there.
I tried to feed her today, but she ignores it.
but she drank from the little dripper and the dew from the plant(dwarf umbrella)
I didn't have the chance to take a picture of her upclose because she gets mad whenever I take a picture, she puffs and gapes.
I noticed that her belly is getting lumpy
I soon will purchase a gram scale I'll update you guys and post some close up pic of her belly once I get lucky.
here are some pics for now I'll try again tomorrow morning.
Thanks again guys, I really appreciate helping me out.

2wc4irs.jpg

11qsbk3.jpg

The good news with panthers and veils, is that when they do develop eggs, even a second grader can tell. You will see her food intake increase 50-100%. Make sure to get her Ca supplements, as the eggs need it to form and be released. The eggs will strip her bones of the needed Ca, if not given. Take notice of her normal size now. You will see about the end of week 2 - beggining of week 3 a huge increase in her stomach size. When she quits eating and really begins pacing, she will lay. This process (non eating and pacing) can last 3-5 days.

Back
Top Bottom