Help george

George Yamen

cage; screen 2x2x3.5
lighting;100 wat bask,7.0 floursent uvb,uva 12inch positioned top nxt 2 bask
temp; 96 at top 80 mid 72 low...lowest nte temp mid 60s
humidity; havnt really measured but 7 am est, dripper 10 min in morning +4min mist
by hand and same in eve about 430 est house has humidity set at 65% allows water 2 everaporate in between
plants; 1 lg hanging plant name escapes me, but deemed 100% safe, heart shaped leaf he does nibble on them,

always has+ some fake vines and sticks
local; dead space in large bedroom nxt 2 window,floor vent 3 ft away top 7ft positioned above eye level
Veiled male approx age 12 13 months
feeding; hes been boycotting crix but i still offer ever other day 2,superworms sometimes 3,

1. meal worms 1,2,and waxies 4 a treat when fussy and a earth worm 1 or 2 a week but in all a combo of 4or 6 per feeding ever other day

supplements; cal without d3 just a dab every feeding on 1or2 offerings
    repcal vitiman with d3 twice a month ,same dose as other
    gut loadin with blue gel store bought gut load and carrot shavings lettus fish food fkakes
    fecal ;dark stool,white urate looks good based on forum
    watering ;mentioned above see him drink at least 1 time every day usually in am
    history; hes been in my care 4 about half year i saved him from a neglectfull owner he looked good when i got him except stressed out badly almost all brown no light 4 him and crix all over in his 10 gallon glass cage,I know terrible,but he now looks beautiful and i love him i spend alot of free time reading and educating myself to give him the best life possible

PROBLEM: ASIDEFROM A SMALL BUMP ON BRIDGE OF NOSE, THE ELASTIC SKIN AT BASE OF EYE HAS JUST RECENTLY BEGAN TO SWELL KINDA LIKE A BLOOD BLISTER ON A HUMAN DOESNT SEEM 2 BOTHER HIM BUT IT BOTHERS ME ALOT,JANNB SAID TO BE AWARE OF EYE PROBLEMS AS IT IT COULD BE A PRELUDE TO A MORE SERIOUS CONDITION,SEEMS LIKE A TRIP TO VET IS IN ORDER BUT, AM I OVER REACTING OR WHAT? any advise would be great or opinions thank you in advance 4 spending the time to read GEORGE my chem and me STEVE THANK YOU

Attachments

• Picture jen 208.jpg
    Picture jen 208.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 198
  • Picture jen 210.jpg
    Picture jen 210.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 144
  • Picture jen 217.jpg
    Picture jen 217.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 156
  • Picture jen 212.jpg
    Picture jen 212.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Sorry that I don't have any advice about the aforementioned problems, but I'm curious about something else - in the last pic his back "ankle" looks really swollen. Just wondering, sorry if you are already aware.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come along to help you out, I have only been heavily researching chameleons since the summer and do not know much about health problems other than the less serious/more common ones. I just know that swelling is not normal, whether it is serious or is directly linked to his other problems I do not know. Hope everything works out for you guys.

idk about the eye, but i would say those ankles look very normal to me. it probably wouldnt hurt to post another pic of them though, just to be sure

If the eye is staying like that I would say a Vet visit is in order. Fish flakes are not a good gutload-too much protein.

idk about the eye, but i would say those ankles look very normal to me. it probably wouldnt hurt to post another pic of them though, just to be sure

?!?!?!?!?
I may not have been around here that long but I have NEVER seen ankles/legs look like that before other than where there has been problems are you serious????? Those look bad...

Yeh, in that thread they mention a trend with fish flakes as a gut load and problems with swelling/gout, that could possibly be what's going on.

baggy eye

it was just yesterday i visited the vets about the exact same looking problem with the eye, on my chameleon its further down and her eyes get a kind of sleep every morning. My vet said that it wasnt effecting my chameleon or that there was something causing it, personalyl for my chameleon though the skin wil return to a small sag when she has been misted and has drank. please let us know what the vet says regarding yours though because i would love to hear if there is anything different

My veiled had the same issue a few months back. They improved with time and actually seem to be normal now. Never did find a reason for the pouches. Seems that it is a problem that is not totally uncommon in veileds since I have seen other veiled owners posting on this same problem in the past. Very interesting! See my previous post called "Eye Pouches" for photos and replies to my thread! Hope it will help. Maybe in your guys situation it is in correlation with the swollen ankles? My veiled was not exhibiting the ankle problem or any others when his eyes had the pouches.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/eye-pouches-16292/

Hope all is well:(

Holly

Back
Top Bottom