Help, flakey white color discoloration

I respectfully disagree. Haven’t had one in a few years but yes . The temps at the same range in the OPs picture was off the charts and UV was a tight, narrow beam. The UV output varied widely during the first month of use.

Opinions on this bulb aside, sounds like we agree that a burn makes sense, hopefully the op will respond soon.
We have moved the bulb from his basking area up , i am going to get a new type of bulb today , is the other bulb I posted okay to use? our other 2 chameleons use the same bulbs with no issues at all

We changed his light setup to the uvb 5.0 and a 60 watt "daylight blue" bulb for heat.
0217191714.jpg
0217191714a.jpg
0217191716.jpg
Also added a hibiscus plant so he has more coverage. And bought some repashy "supercal lod" and "vitamin A plus"

That’s great. I think his skin looks better already. Some bulbs are too strong, and his skin was trying to protect itself. They can have vision loss as well. Hopefully he can heal completely.

I have an old thread where some of my babies were burned from a compact flourenscent light. You can search for similar cases if you are interested and read the science behind it.

It almost looks like his shed had thickened from the new pics and the old pics. And had created a crust. I dont know if you.mentioned how long it had been going on. But this can happen due to heat, humidity and vitamin deficiencies. So it sounds like he is back in balance. If this is what it was it likely wont come back with his new set up. Just keep your eyes out. Increase his mistings currently until his shed is done. It still looks thick and you dont want anything getting stuck. Hope he continues to turn around ^^

Update : no one ever updates after things get better so we thought we would do so, he looks almost back to normal his eye lids havnt gotten all the color back but his body and attitude is all back to normal now hes better then hes ever been before. The lights were cooking him alive now he just has a T5 and a 60watt daylight blue bulb for heat puts off about 80 degrees , thank you everyone for the help. Here are some recent pictures

Update : no one ever updates after things get better so we thought we would do so, he looks almost back to normal his eye lids havnt gotten all the color back but his body and attitude is all back to normal now hes better then hes ever been before. The lights were cooking him alive now he just has a T5 and a 60watt daylight blue bulb for heat puts off about 80 degrees , thank you everyone for the help. Here are some recent picturesView attachment 231915View attachment 231916View attachment 231917View attachment 231918
That is wonderful. I suspected it was the powersun but more experienced keepers were already going down that path with you. So happy the little one is doing so well. Thank you for sharing the update. This helps so much when future people that may have the same issue search old threads.

Back
Top Bottom