0212191919_HDR.jpg
0212191919b_HDR.jpg
0212191919b_HDR.jpg
0212191920c_HDR.jpg
0212191920.jpg
0212191920b_HDR.jpg
0212191920_HDR.jpg
0212191920b.jpg
We have taken him to the vet for his skin color hes turning white for about 3 weeks or so also eyes have crusties did test for bac came back neg, vet cant give us an awnser have had fecal and CANV test both negative he eats , drinks moves around cage , I give him a shower daily because of the skin issue seems to like it more active after showers

panther, male, ,1.5 years old, we have had him for 8 months
Handling - everyday he comes out to your hand
Feeding - will eat from hand or dish or off branches ,crickets 6,superworms 3,horned worms 1-2. Not all at once ,We put food in for him sometimes he doesbt eat all . Not gutloading
Supplements - repti calcium without d3, reptivite without d3 3 times a week,
Watering - auto mistking 7 times a day 25 seconds also manual misting from sprayer, Do you see your chameleon drinking? He drinks has a drip leaf also drinks from a hand dripper
Fecal Description - whitish pee brown poop Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Yes , came back neg
History - have had fecal,negative have had CANV TEST,came back negative

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Screen cage 24x18x36 exoterra
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using?powersun uvb 100 watt, open fixture What is your daily lighting schedule? 12 on 12 off
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)?85-90 degrees Lowest overnight temp?71 degrees How do you measure these temps? Digi thermo on bask branch
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? 80 percent How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Digital thermo/ humidity gauge
Plants - Fake plants
Placement - upstairs living room ,air vent above ,3 ft from floor sits on tv table
Location - Arizona

Current Problem - discoloration,skin white flakey on body

I've never seen that before and it certainly looks like some sort of infection or mite. In the 8th photo, you can see that the area of skin that rubs between leg and body is almost raw.

I think you need to find a better vet as somethings going on here. Maybe one of the other members have seen similar before.

Hopefully you can get this sorted and maybe also look at his living conditions which if nothing else, is sparse to say the least and a bit too small for a male.

Hope you get an answer as I bet the poor lad is irritated with it.

I've never seen that before and it certainly looks like some sort of infection or mite. In the 8th photo, you can see that the area of skin that rubs between leg and body is almost raw.

I think you need to find a better vet as somethings going on here. Maybe one of the other members have seen similar before.

Hopefully you can get this sorted and maybe also look at his living conditions which if nothing else, is sparse to say the least and a bit too small for a male.

Hope you get an answer as I bet the poor lad is irritated with it.
Yes we do need a better vet ,

I know I’m new here but after reading your questionaire I see a few things I would question:

1) It says you are not gutloading

2) I didn’t see any d3 supplement

3) the vitamin use seems a bit too often

4) you may want to use a t5 or t8 uvb bulb (you may be and I just missed it

Hopefully someone else can comment on these too, and I’m sorry if i May have misunderstood you

I know I’m new here but after reading your questionaire I see a few things I would question:

1) It says you are not gutloading

2) I didn’t see any d3 supplement

3) the vitamin use seems a bit too often

4) you may want to use a t5 or t8 uvb bulb (you may be and I just missed it

Hopefully someone else can comment on these too, and I’m sorry if i May have misunderstood you

All correct^

@Sbenis The power sun may be your issue, they are for desert species, absolutely not for panthers.

I’m thinking he’s getting a sunburn from it 24/7. It would also explain why all his tests are coming back clean. Trash the MVB today, like now.

He needs a 24” T5HO 6% UVB along with the corrections mentioned above.View attachment 223315View attachment 223316View attachment 223317View attachment 223318View attachment 223319View attachment 223320View attachment 223321View attachment 223322
He also has this light

Attachments

• 0213191828.jpg
    0213191828.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 207
  • 0213191827.jpg
    0213191827.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 184
@Sbenis The power sun may be your issue, they are for desert species, absolutely not for panthers.

I’m thinking he’s getting a sunburn from it 24/7. It would also explain why all his tests are coming back clean. Trash the MVB today, like now.

He needs a 24” T5HO 6% UVB along with the corrections mentioned above.View attachment 223315View attachment 223316View attachment 223317View attachment 223318View attachment 223319View attachment 223320View attachment 223321View attachment 223322
whats wrong with the power sun?! uvb output, heat intensity? visible spectrum? i personally use power sun with no problem because the heat output is definitely more safe than any other basking.. but the basking is definitely too close from him

whats wrong with the power sun?! uvb output, heat intensity? visible spectrum? i personally use power sun with no problem because the heat output is definitely more safe than any other basking.. but the basking is definitely too close from him
High heat output and actual UV output is unpredictable.

High heat output and actual UV output is unpredictable.
Humm the Uvb is really low in fact and there no more IV after about 3-4 months and the heat is mellow. To I use with my melleri because I found it smoother than all the other basking , have you test it with temp gun and uvb meter? But I think this is a bad burn on all the body with fungal .. no lamp must be glued to the top like this:/

View attachment 223298View attachment 223299View attachment 223300View attachment 223301View attachment 223302View attachment 223303View attachment 223304View attachment 223305View attachment 223306We have taken him to the vet for his skin color hes turning white for about 3 weeks or so also eyes have crusties did test for bac came back neg, vet cant give us an awnser have had fecal and CANV test both negative he eats , drinks moves around cage , I give him a shower daily because of the skin issue seems to like it more active after showers

panther, male, ,1.5 years old, we have had him for 8 months
Handling - everyday he comes out to your hand
Feeding - will eat from hand or dish or off branches ,crickets 6,superworms 3,horned worms 1-2. Not all at once ,We put food in for him sometimes he doesbt eat all . Not gutloading
Supplements - repti calcium without d3, reptivite without d3 3 times a week,
Watering - auto mistking 7 times a day 25 seconds also manual misting from sprayer, Do you see your chameleon drinking? He drinks has a drip leaf also drinks from a hand dripper
Fecal Description - whitish pee brown poop Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Yes , came back neg
History - have had fecal,negative have had CANV TEST,came back negative

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Screen cage 24x18x36 exoterra
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using?powersun uvb 100 watt, open fixture What is your daily lighting schedule? 12 on 12 off
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)?85-90 degrees Lowest overnight temp?71 degrees How do you measure these temps? Digi thermo on bask branch
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? 80 percent How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Digital thermo/ humidity gauge
Plants - Fake plants
Placement - upstairs living room ,air vent above ,3 ft from floor sits on tv table
Location - Arizona

Current Problem - discoloration,skin white flakey on body
Hello!
wow.. first your vet is a bad one.. :/

Do you got picture from him before (like 1 month before, 2 week before (before today) sometime it can have start with a little little problem and turn out with a catastrophe for now, go straight remore your powersun, this is too close from your chameleon and it can be the cause, if you want to use it with safety you need too add space between the bulb and the cage (put your hand under at 10 cm you will get it ! it burn (minimum 20cm higher than at the actual position)

see you witk older pic ;)

for the moment.. treatment.. go but silkworm for staple diet.. slow down on the vitamin, and gently wash the woonded place (mean about 80% of the body) with betadine 5% (proviodine? proviodone?) or chlorexidine to prevent infection

Humm the Uvb is really low in fact and there no more IV after about 3-4 months and the heat is mellow. To I use with my melleri because I found it smoother than all the other basking , have you test it with temp gun and uvb meter? But I think this is a bad burn on all the body with fungal .. no lamp must be glued to the top like this:/
I respectfully disagree. Haven’t had one in a few years but yes . The temps at the same range in the OPs picture was off the charts and UV was a tight, narrow beam. The UV output varied widely during the first month of use.

Opinions on this bulb aside, sounds like we agree that a burn makes sense, hopefully the op will respond soon.

I respectfully disagree. Haven’t had one in a few years but yes . The temps at the same range in the OPs picture was off the charts and UV was a tight, narrow beam. The UV output varied widely during the first month of use.

Opinions on this bulb aside, sounds like we agree that a burn makes sense, hopefully the op will respond soon.
Definitely, even for a 25 watts the bulb spot in this cage is dangerous..

My only problem with the burn is the spreading! usually we god one burned side vs the other or some burned spots i can't belive this all happened in only 2 week! im stunned!! this case is a real clue for me! maybe bacterial dermal infection of another fungal infection than CANV? due to the 7 shower/day + hand misting + Arizona arid climat? + contrast with powersun?

Back
Top Bottom