HELP finding jacksons on Oahu

kit213

Hello i live on the windward side and have gone hiking multiple times with my family to find these sneaky buggers and we can never see any, i was going to try the kaneohe botanical gardens that people are saying to find them. Ive tried theie before but i wasnt looking for fruit trees, just kinda anywhere. Does any have any spots or tricks of the trade to help me show my brothers these intriguing creatures. Is there a better time to go looking for them? certain things im looking for? All PMs or posts are much appreciated

We find 2-4 every time we go hiking in Manoa, dont go to the falls, go to the arboritum. we let a handful go in Alewa heights, you can try there. You don't need to look for fruit trees, one of the places we go to we find 90 % in ironwood trees, go figure. They're easier to find earlier in the morning and in the late afternoon, we almost never find any between 12-4, and we find more in the morning than in the evening. I prefer to go just after it rains, I seem to have better luck.
Good luck!

I second Manoa falls arboretum. I used to live in manoa Valley, off Oahu rd and we had them in our trees alllll the time. It's what started my passion for chams. We went hiking up at the arboretum frequently and could see tons of them.

if someone knows how to climb bamboo, I suggest finding a swath of bamboo and having them climb the outskirts and looking around. it's what i usually did. You can see a bunch if you look at their level.

Also, FYI: there are plenty of CB chams available who are much healthier.

Going to Oahu in July. Hoping to see some Chams in the wild. Will be staying on the North Shore but plan to see much of the Island.

Not sure but I went there once n saw a big sign for a guy selling them but its been years. FYI I'm a huge rush fan n really dig the name! It's a small island. Good luck!

Waimanalo has tones of them too!! Any hikes overe there should have em! I stay in makiki and we have some tokay gecko that get pretty big!

I lived all over Oahu on the country side ,found and saw dozens! Moanawili is the hot spot. lots of high color Jacksons .

Not Having much luck.

Hiked both trails this weekend no luck at all. It has been really cool this time of year going to high 50's in the evenings. Maybe its the weather. Moved here in October. I am an amature photographer and would love to photograph some. Have no desires to catch or keep them. Any further help would be great.

Mahalo

Back
Top Bottom